Director, FP&A Process & Technology
Full Time Job
The Director, FP&A Process & Technology serves as the interface between the operational side of FP&A and the technological side and is tasked with driving improvements in the company's financial planning / reporting via process and technology improvements.
• Manage internal and external resources in preparation of internal monthly, annual, and 3-year business reporting presentations.
• Work effectively with FP&A team and other departments to proactively drive key business initiatives by providing the reporting tools necessary to track results.
• Effectively leverage TM1 and other systems to help FP&A to satisfy the financial information requirements for the company.
• Drive automation of metrics and enhancements in financial planning and reporting.
• Use prior knowledge and experience to effectively and actively participate in business planning and support the development of short and long-range financial reporting.
• Forecast and analyze key overhead accounts (headcount, bonus, stock compensation).
• Conduct monthly performance analysis of financial forecasts.
• Consolidate, report and analyze capital expenditures.
• Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
• Solicit feedback on reporting cycle performance on a regular basis and modify processes accordingly.
• Ensure the accuracy of the organization's financial results by recognizing and identifying issues with financial reporting systems and helping to trouble shoot them.
• Anticipate the effect of other relevant systems and procedures on FP&A processes by applying knowledge of accounting, finance and business processes.
• Proactively identify FP&A control weaknesses by thoroughly analyzing system related issues (i.e. data inaccuracy, incompleteness, errors, system failures, etc.), prioritize the risks, and research and implement viable solutions that use appropriate technologies.
• Train new/current TM1 users and provide oversight and guidance to FP&A internal and external personnel.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• MBA in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred
• At least 7 years of experience in financial positions, and at least 3 years of management experience
• Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial reporting issues
• Good understanding of Balance Sheet, cash flow, GAAP and SOX compliance
• Extensive hands-on experience with financial planning/reporting systems
• Excellent TM1 or other database reporting package skills strongly preferred
• Experience implementing and enhancing planning & reporting systems
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process efficiencies and solutions
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven interpersonal and management skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and re-prioritize as necessary to align with current business needs
• PMP certification a plus