Production Manager, Video Department
Viator, Inc.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Why This Job Is Excellent
As Production Manager, you will lead operations for Viator's Video department, and have the opportunity to work on exciting travel videos for Viator and TripAdvisor. This role exercises decision-making regarding overall operational velocity and quality control for the video department and all video projects. Under the supervision of the Executive Producer, the Production Manager prioritizes and knows when to elevate concerns to ensure that support is going to the correct area of business. S/he has ample production experience and is aware of all creative and budgetary considerations so as to advise producers, stakeholders, and 3rd party clients on an overall picture of what can realistically be achieved. S/he knows where to recruit reliable production personnel, and make judgments on how to source talent specific to the needs of unique projects. And s/he has expert operations and organizational skills in order to keep multiple, concurrent projects on deadline and budget.
In this role, you will sit at the intersection of many teams at once - Brand, Social, Design, Editorial, and Video - and manage the execution of Viator and TripAdvisor video campaigns according to quality standards, budget limits, and business objectives.
• Devises and implements workflows for all arms of production including pre-production post, production, post, delivery, wrap, and project archival.
• Maintain multiple projects with complex details and timelines.
• Responsible for creating and managing overall project schedules, resource plans, and deliverables - on short term project basis, as well as for long term department goals
• Works with stakeholders and creative leads to define project targets and execution plans. Drives implementation of plans by guiding and directing all participants on projects, ensuring timely deliverables.
• Break down scripts, creative briefs, and goals, formulating plans of action for Producers, Stakeholders, and 3rd Party Clients.
• Manages below-the-line costs and tracking, including crew travel, production costs, equipment costs, crew pay, etc.
• Daily logistics management and problem-solving, acting independently and proactively to investigate and resolve risk areas in all aspects of production and recommends course adjustments as necessary.
• Thorough communication of project goals, schedules, deadlines, and other information to all crew and team members, clients, internal/external stakeholders, and leadership.
• Work effectively with all levels of a production team while displaying team leadership skills. Act as a default leader responsible for directing '2nd lieutenant' level duties with the production crew.
• Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
• Status tracking on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis for all aspects of content creation process, from concept development to delivery and project archival.
• Keeps a direct line of communication with the Executive Producer on all aspects of the department.
• Researches changing technologies and equipment within the video space, advising leadership on methods to evolve with technology advancements
• Formulate and implement guidelines and/or best practice guidebooks for the purpose of training freelancers and third party production teams to achieve projects that need to scale.
• The Production Manager works in tandem with Producers and functions as the ''right hand'', stepping up to support Producer duties as required.
What We Seek
• College degree required, film related degree or coursework a bonus.
• 3-5 years of experience as Production Manager
• 6+ years of experience in Video, Film or TV production
• Attention to detail, consistent follow through, ability to self-motivate
• Excellent organizational, big-picture thinking, and communication skills. Ability to navigate and communicate clearly across all company departments, exhibiting exceptional skills in diplomacy, flexibility and patience.
• Expert abilities in problem-solving, making tough decisions, and acting independently so as to react appropriately to unexpected events of production by adjusting the strategy for the situation, and making sure everyone knows what that new plan is.
• Is able to balance assertiveness with sensitivity toward all kinds of personalities, remains cool under pressure, and demonstrates leadership qualities including integrity, hard work, optimism and enthusiasm, forward-thinking, collaboration and team work, and compassion.
• Strong business sense and experience with data-driven decision-making and analytics; an ability to leverage analytics to investigate opportunities for improvement and report on performance
• Ample experience with treatments, storyboards, scripts, releases, purchase orders, call sheets, booking freelance production crews and equipment, coordinating travel, permitting, scheduling, writing budgets, distributing call sheets, handling insurance requirements, production and post-production scheduling, reconciling financials, and cost reporting.
• Experience producing branded content, ensuring content maintains the voice and standards of a brand
• Experience negotiating and writing contracts for crew members and vendors, knowledge of legal health and safety, labor laws, compliance with union agreements, domestic and international permitting, international visas, and insurance needs.
• PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google Docs, Outlook, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and the ability to use a variety of software.
Who We Are
TripAdvisor is the world's largest travel site, visited by 390 million travelers each month, and our Attractions business is a fascinating, fast-growing part of the organization. With the world's largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights and advice, we're evolving the entire attractions industry. We're making lines and FOMO things of the past to help travelers take the best possible trips.
A skip the line tour of the Louvre? A trek through the snowy Himalayan Peaks into Everest base camp? Floating across the Kruger on an air balloon safari? Check, check, check. TripAdvisor Attractions offers unforgettable and easy-to-book experiences all over the world for every traveler.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online