Vice President Labor Relations
Full Time Job
• Provide strategic legal and labor advice to the business affairs, production, digital and creative departments of various channels regarding all manner of union and guild compliance issues.
• Negotiate and implement all collective bargaining agreements and one-off side letters for various production entities, including: DGA, SAG-AFTRA, WGA, IATSE, Teamsters and all other crew agreements in US and overseas. (Note that Viacom Media Networks is not a member of the AMPTP.)
• Provide day-to-day counsel on labor contract interpretation and risk (including, work rules, rates, residuals and other compensation), and communicate that information in a timely, diligent, and comprehensible manner to business affairs, production, and creative executives.
• Negotiate waivers as needed from agreements.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with department colleagues, labor organizations, outside labor counsel, Paramount labor department, and labor executives at other similarly-situated companies.
• Oversee the submission of all guild related paperwork (including DGA deal memos, SAG-AFTRA info sheets, and Me Too Letters).
• Will supervise one one-attorney position; potential to supervise one or more additional attorney and/or non-attorney positions
• 7 years minimum of experience at Television Entertainment Company or Entertainment Guild with substantial experience in Scripted and Alternative Television Development and Production Contract Law
• Expert working knowledge of Guild (WGA, DGA, IATSE, SAG-AFTRA) and union regulations and issues, related legal trends and business practices
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Entertainment and Content transactions and ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• J.D. with active California or New York Bar membership preferred
• Must be detail-oriented and possess superior drafting, negotiation, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to top-line issues for senior network executives on a daily basis and communicate in a clear, concise and succinct manner both verbally and in writing
• Previously established relationships with key Television Studio, Production Companies, Entertainment Guilds and entertainment lawyers