Vice President, Development Nick Jr.
Full Time Job
This VP level position supervises the development of long form series on the West Coast and provides leadership and supervision to the entire West Coast Preschool team.
• Oversees all the outreach effort on the West coast to continually bring in new writers, designers, directors, producers and creators.
• Takes all Pitches on the West Coast
• Partners with our Outreach Department to oversee Writing Fellow
• Develop outreach efforts to target multicultural talent.
• Attend Markets, Festivals, Networking Events, Industry events
• Creates studio events that engage & encourage studio existing talent to work with Nick Preschool
Development of Content
• Oversee the contractual process for new deals in development
• Oversee the yearly development budget
• Strategize development goals which align with network goals
• Executing those goals thru the RFP (Request for Proposals) Process
• Creatively overseeing all phases of development including but not limited to developing the show concept, creating the bible and pilot script, overseeing the design process, production of the pilot, music and all other phases through greenlight process.
• Build the creative team of EPs, Writers, Artists and designers to transition development project to current series.
• Identifies new animation studios to partner with.
• Stays on top of current trends, researches ways to find talent, be knowledgeable in the competition.
• Develop content with curriculum, work with advisors and experienced writers to create a pipeline of content that is rich in many curricular areas.
• Develop content with play patterns embedded to build a robust pipeline of CP oriented properties.
• Oversee the West Coast Staff
• Present preschool content to internal and external partners on the West Coast (this will include some Current Series)
• If times allow, be the EIC on a show in Current Series
• Lead, mentor, train and partner with existing staff and freelance producer on West Coast
• Collaborate with East Coast Development executive to strategize on development goals, partner on RFPs process and work together collaboratively to develop a rich pipeline of preschool IP.
• 10 year’s experience
• preschool development experience
• consumer products experience a plus
• strong collaboration, communication and negotiation skills
• The ability to create and maintain key working relationships - throughout the Nickelodeon organization and creative community
• Passion for the preschool demo is a must
• Attention to detail
• PowerPoint skills a plus