Technical Manager, Collaborative Compute Services
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position will be responsible for design, configuration and implementation of activities related to corporate Collaboration technologies. This primarily includes management of core infrastructure applications that support services for Identity and Messaging infrastructures. This is both a technically hands on and people management role. This will represent the most senior level technical role within the organization in terms of subject matter expertise when it comes to the systems they will be responsible for.
to include, but not limited to:
• Act as performance and technical manager for a team comprising of 4-6 technical resources including coaching and mentoring team members.
• Manage Microsoft Active Directory and Identity Management infrastructure
• Manage Microsoft Exchange, Skype, and Office 365 infrastructure
• Manage File and Print services both on premise and in the cloud
• Provide 24x7 systems support including project management, operation, expansion, and maintenance of responsible systems
• Resolve complex system and network issues and outages as needed
• Management and technical lead for 3rd line support and engineering team
• Work closely with 1st and 2nd line support teams to transition knowledge and participate in continued development of operational efficiencies
• Engineering and execution of production changes following corporate change management policies
• Develop and provide reports and updates for senior management
• Design, manage, and implement new solutions to meet changing business requirements and needs. Work hand in hand with architecture and solutioning teams as a full contributor.
• Update of support procedures and technical documentations as needed
• Work with vendors and 3rd party partners to coordinate support escalations, enhance existing infrastructure, and develop new solutions
• 10 years technical experience working as part of an IT infrastructure organization
• 2 years in a team management and leadership role
• Overall experience working in a large corporate enterprise environment
• BA/BS Degree and/or equivalent experience
• Minimum 8 years’ experience and solid understanding of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft O365 and Azure solutions, Microsoft Windows, and Active Directory
• Architectural and hands on senior level understanding and experience with Active Directory is a must (including but not limited to AD Topology/Replication design, ADFS, DNS/DHCP management, Securing AD, and 3rd party AD management tools).
• Solid understanding and experience managing and migrating between multiple forests and domains. Including domain collapse and consolidation experience.
• Architectural and hands on senior level understanding and experience with Office 365 solutions is a must (including but not limited to Exchange Online, Skype for Business, OneDrive, Teams, Groups, and Sharepoint Online).
• Solid understanding and experience with migrating from on premise to Office 365. This applies to the entire O365 portfolio of services.
• Solid understanding and experience with managing Exchange on premise (Exchange 2010 and 2016). Experience with upgrade path from older versions of Exchange to Exchange 2016.
• Experience with Identity Management platforms (Azure AD, Okta, OneLogin, etc)
• Specific experience with Lync/Skype on premise and Skype for Business Online. Particularly as it relates to integration with voice and unified communications but including general messaging capabilities as well.
• Strong experience with management of email hygiene products. Cisco Ironport and Microsoft EOP specifically but any comparable product and/or service.
• Strong experience with Powershell scripting as it relates to Windows, AD, and Exchange/O365 automation (analyzing, modifying, and creating new)
• Experience with email security concepts and technologies (Encryption, TLS, advanced threat protection, threat intelligence, SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
• Basic working understanding of networking and distributed computing environments
• Experience in large scale enterprise project management
• Experience in solution lifecycles (design, evaluate, deploy, operate, migrate)
• Experience with change and incident management
• Excellent interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form
• Strong team player and ability to work effectively with cross functional team members
• Strong business acumen, organizational, analytic and problem solving skills.
• Strong ability to analyse issues and challenges and propose achievable solutions
• Works independently and exercises reasonable judgment with little supervision while providing clear evidence and results of activities and accomplishments
• Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and BAU tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritizing work
• Demonstrates consistent thoroughness and attention to detail
• Ability to generate and implement procedures
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Experience in Media and Entertainment is a plus
• Experience working in an onshore/offshore operational model is a plus
• Familiarity with ITIL framework and ITSM principles a plus