Sr. GL Accounting And Reporting Accountant
Full Time Job
Responsible for the accurate and timely accounting preparation of Viacom Media Networks (“VMN”) revenue, expenses, prepaids, accruals and overall business support for LATAM cluster.
• Preparation of prepaid assets amortization rollforwards including tracking of additions, amortization, and adjustments to amortization.
• Preparation of allowance for doubtful accounts rollforwards.
• Post deferred revenue entries and prepare reconciliation.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly account analyses and reconciliations associated LATAM region for assigned accounts.
• Prepare and book accruals, reclasses and other accounting adjustments on a monthly basis including. various chargeouts, research entries, technology accruals, and various other expenses.
• Prepare monthly debt anaylsis for LATAM regions.
• Prepare monthly GR/IR reconciliation and analysis and follow up with business units on open items.
• Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly operational metrics for LATAM regions.
• Support statutory reporting requests as needed
• Work directly with finance and operational teams within LATAM regions.
• Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• At least 2 years relevant work experience
• CPA (or equivalent) preferred
• Strong analytical, communication, presentation and management skills
• Ability to communicate with colleagues at different levels within the organization
• Fluent in Spanish a strong plus
• Prior Big Four experience a plus
• Prior entertainment & media experience a plus
• Experience in SAP, Longview and Hyperion (HFM) a strong plus
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (lookup formulas, pivot tables, etc.) a strong plus
• Self starter/ability to operate independently