Senior Vice President, Games, Nickelodeon
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon Games, a leader in premium and web-based mobile games for kids, is seeking a Senior Vice President to lead its games business. Creating for Nickelodeon is fundamentally about innovation. Your inspiration, imagination and willingness to take risks will ultimately result in your best work - and that’s what we want! Using your vast gaming experience, we’re asking you to experiment, to make a mess, to have fun, to always make it feel fresh and to find the kid inside you.
Nickelodeon cross-platform experiences have immense visibility, hundreds of millions of customers around the globe. As part of the Nickelodeon digital leadership team in a highly impactful role, you will be responsible for the games business strategy, creative development and production execution across web, native premium, and emerging platform experiences. You are as comfortable leading and developing a cross functional team as you are with rolling up your sleeves to deliver delightful and meaningful game experiences. You are a big-thinker and problem-solver, with the practical ability to deliver game titles to market considering both customer and business opportunities. If you live at the intersection of games and kids’ entertainment - and have an obsession for working directly with customers, we want you on the team.
More About Nickelodeon
At Nickelodeon, our mission is to make the world a more playful place. We are a group of creative and passionate individuals who together, as a team, accomplish profound, award-winning work for the best customers in the world...kids. We fully believe that Nickelodeon is entertainment through a real kid’s point of view, and we strive to understand and create experiences in their world.
We are creators, artists, producers, engineers, product managers, user researchers, project managers, and data analysts who care deeply about our business and being authentic to kids. We leverage partnerships with the best technology companies in the world with direct access to cutting edge products in development.
We’re having fun in New York and Los Angeles and are honored when passionate leaders join our family. Here are some of the things we’re working on:
• A pipeline of hundreds of games including VR/AR
• AI and Chatbot applications
• Apple Watch Apps (original launch partner)
• Apple TV Apps and Games
• Roku, Xbox One, AndroidTV, FireTV and connected TV Apps
• Award winning NOGGIN and Nick Jr Apps
• The Emmy Award™ winning Nick App
• The game changing com and nickjr.com responsive web experiences
What we most enjoy:
• Summer Fridays. Yup!
• Hackathons and design studios
• On-location mobile and emerging technologies device lab, usability lab, digital printing lab, yoga studio
• Gaming tournaments and lip-sync battles
To learn more about what life is like at Nickelodeon and what we’re up to, please visit us at digital.nick.com.
• You have a minimum of 10 years in the game industry, with 6 years leading mobile games teams
• You worship the challenge of aligning people’s skills and interests with their assignments.
• You listen and you ask great questions.
• You are unafraid to have your opinion changed (strong beliefs, loosely held).
• You’re an innovator at heart with a thirst for mobile and emerging technologies.
• You’ve been emotionally moved by a game and can accurately describe why.
• You are intrigued by kids and how they discover the world.
• You play new games and experiment with new technologies in your free time.
• You are uniquely capable of developing and driving strategic initiatives to grow Nickelodeon’s game audiences and generate revenue across mobile premium, web and emerging platforms for both the US and international regions.
• You are accountable to the games P&L and responsible for the group's operating budget.
• You have a passion for creating, delivering and operating exceptional mobile games across talented teams in a fast-paced environment.
• You are not afraid to have a strong creative vision.
• You leverage qualitative consumer insights (ethnographic, usability) and quantitative (analytics, a/b testing) data to drive the games pipeline.
• You work closely with business development, publishing, marketing to help build audience and user acquisition strategies.
• You successfully oversee the process of identifying, hiring, and managing best-in-class game development studios as development partners. In doing so you champion the indie gaming community and leverage new creators to discover the latest innovations in game mechanics & game design styles.
• You are comfortable optimizing for multiple revenue models (ad supported, paid, F2P).?
• You relentlessly advocate for your consumers and persistently remind us that no business priority can be an excuse for a mediocre game.?
• You are excited about the technical challenges of delivering high quality, performant games across multiple platforms.
• You have a keen sense of when to publish and when to continue game design iteration.
• You mentor the studio’s budding leaders to form a collaborative and unified team that establishes and sets the tone for the team's culture.
• You lead by example and develop trust and respect amongst the team.
• You deliver accurate, timely and concise feedback.
• You cultivate a collaborative working environment in which your team can maximize its potential with an emphasis on learning.
• You create a safe environment for unsuccessful solutions with the understanding that these often lead to the best results.?
• You have the ability to confidently pitch and represent ideas to Nickelodeon and Viacom executive teams.?