Senior Storage Engineer
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Storage Engineer is primarily responsible for providing data storage related services in the Enterprise Storage Services Team. This position will have initial responsibilities emphasizing data storage related services.
to include, but not limited to:
• Engineer, implement, and support storage solutions
• Document engineering solution and SOP such that services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner
• Provide subject matter expertise to other teams in the areas of storage services as needed
• Provide L3 engineering and problem resolution support for critical issues
• Implement and Support infrastructure to deliver systems and services with high availability and reliability
• Manages and coordinates work with other IT departments to deliver systems and services
• Understand and wide variety of systems and how they interact to provide a complete service to the customers and meet business needs.
• Acts as infrastructure technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments.
• Interacts closely with management and engineers across departments
• Manage multi projects, balance and prioritize work.
• Works with architects and management to engineer enhancements and optimize systems
• Involved on the development and actively works on the implementation of the storage strategy
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
• Acts as senior level escalation to analyze and resolve problems associated with storage and all related infrastructure
• Work under general direction from IT management
• Join a team of infrastructure engineers and architects to serve as subject matter expert (SME) in various IT infrastructure services
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related discipline
• 5 years of prior similar duties and experience with SAN and NAS technologies
• EMC, Nexsan, IBM, Data Direct SAN storage solutions
• Isilon, EMC VNXE, IBM V7KU and Netapp NAS storage solutions
• Flash Storage such as Pure, 3Par, XtremeIO
• Backup technologies on EMC Data Domain, IBM PT, IBM TSM and Tape Libraries
• Knowledge of Cisco UCS and Fabric Interconnects
• Knowledge of large VMWare deployments
• Knowledge of Cloud Storage: Hybird, Public, Private, AWS and Azure.
• Strong knowledge of storage market landscape and dynamics
• Strong knowledge in data lifecycle management
• Knowledge of Oracle/Frontporch Diva
• Experience working in service delivery organizations such as a carrier or hosting company
• Experience working with both technical and non-technical clients
• Experience working with offshore team
• Experience in Media and Entertainment
• Experience supporting editing environment such as avid or final cut working with xsan or stornext
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Basic understanding of ITIL
• Experience with supporting large, complex and heterogeneous system and network installations
• Basic understanding of networking and distributed computing environments
• Basic understanding of network routing, switching and network security principles
• Capable of working closely with IT management
• Excellent planning and coordination skills
• Resourceful and have great troubleshooting skills
• Presale technical support experience
• Experience with management and administration of complex and heterogeneous environment.
• Strong Knowledge at least one Enterprise Storage Array such as EMC, Netapp, IBM, HP, Pure
• Strong Knowledge of Network attached storage and managing multiple access protocols including SMB, NFS, and FTP
• Strong Knowledge of SAN Design and Management and working with Brocade and Cisco switches
• Strong Knowledge of Zoning including multiple switches and Fabrics.
• Understanding of Cluster filesystem technologies such as SNFS, Xsan and GPFS
• Experience with Storage replication methods such as SRDF, SnapMirror, Repliweb EFR and RecoverPoint
• Working knowledge of Tool sets such as Arxscan, Unisphere, DCNM, BNA, SRM, vSphere/vCenter
• Datacenter migration methods and disaster recovery implementations
• Experience in managing solution lifecycles (design, POC, deploy, operate, migrate)
• Experience working with Server teams to provision storage solutions in heterogeneous Operating System environments including MSSQL/Oracle clusters and VMware.
• Experience and Strong understanding of IT Project Management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be capable of writing proposals or basic project plans, acting as a vendor liaison, and making presentations to customers, client audiences or professional peers