Senior Product Designer
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Viacom Global Entertainment Group Product Design Team is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join us in creating product design solutions for our Editorial Product that supports MTV News as well as other Viacom brands like Vh1 and Comedy Central.
The Viacom Global Entertainment Group consists of the brands: Comedy Central, MTV, Vh1, CMT and Logo. This is an opportunity to create experiences seen by millions of people across the globe.
We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated Sr. Product Designer to help redefine our News product as we take it global. You should have a passion for user-centered design and problem solving that lends itself to the creation of beautiful and engaging experiences for our users. This role's day-to-day will be focused on developing solutions with Product and Engineering teams to help define the News products across the multiple brands we support.
• Translate concepts into visually elegant and user-friendly designs.
• Define interaction details
• Present design ideas and concepts to team, interpret feedback and define next step solutions
• Support a culture of experimentation by conceiving/planning qualitative and quantitative user tests
• Follow and extend existing brand guidelines in the context of new experiences
• Create specs and other communication details to translate design decisions to Engineering teams
This position is located at Viacom’s downtown offices in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood.
• Minimum of 7 years of user experience and visual design experience
• An online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes responsive websites
• Demonstrate an understanding of user experience design, information hierarchy, user-flows, composition, layout, color and typography
• Familiar with interaction design concepts and best practices for prototyping and communicating concepts
• Working knowledge of user research methodologies and practices and A/B testing
• Experience working with a style guide/pattern library
• Experience with responsive design
• Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate design concepts to various stakeholders
• Working knowledge of Agile development process