Senior Manager, Data Product Marketing
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Big data and predictive analytics are reinventing TV advertising, bringing targeting and precision audience modeling from digital marketing to the world of linear and digital television. And with the emergence of these capabilities in premium context of television, an entire set of new business models — and new businesses — are triggering explosive innovation and growth. Viacom Vantage, Viacom’s data and analytics platform, is at the forefront of this change, and we are offering a select few individuals the opportunity to work with us to define the next generation of television advertising.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to help lead this transformation. Your contribution to this business will be charting the future of the Vantage platform. You are an ad tech innovator — not just an early adopter. You understand the business of advertising — well enough to know where to find opportunities for disruption. You are comfortable and conversant with technology and analytics — from video delivery to audience modeling to media attribution and back again. Your convictions are informed by the experience of a career of building innovative businesses.
Working on the Product Management team, you will:
• Identify market opportunities to generate significant growth in our data products business;
• Be the expert on emerging technologies or new applications of existing technologies that will advance our product capabilities;
• Have a deep understanding of the current competitive landscape in linear television, addressable video and data-driven ad targeting, including future competitive positions;
• Identify and develop strategic data partnerships that help to extend our leadership position in the market;
• Lead, define and manage the technical product roadmap for the Vantage platform, ensuring our data products continue to lead the market in targeting and effectiveness measurement while hitting our revenue growth targets;
• To support roadmap development, build and execute a product prioritization framework for product and partnership investments
• Partner with the Ad Sales team in the rollout of our new products as part of the sales lifecycle from pre-sales and planning through delivery and optimization.
• Proven experience, thought leadership and results leading ad tech and/or data science products within digital media, online video or television over the past 7 years
• A deep understanding of customer research, audience targeting and advertising business models, both current and emerging, with proven experience translating partner needs into product execution
• Technical fluency in the fundamentals of digital and television advertising, including working knowledge of systems for planning, delivery and reporting on media across multiple channels
• A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, agencies, executive stakeholders and execution partners
• An entrepreneurial approach with a bias for action that is passionate about building businesses within a fast-paced environment, while changing the way partners perceive our brand and our products
• MBA preferred