Production Team Assistant
Full Time Job
Job Title: Production Team Assistant
Department: Production and Programme Management
Reporting to: Director of Production and Programme Management
Location: Hawley Crescent, London
Contract: 12 Month FTC
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Channel 5 is the UK’s third largest commercial channel reaching 44m viewers every month with a spirited mix of high quality and emotive content. Since September 2014, the Channel 5 portfolio of channels has been owned by Viacom International Media Networks.
In addition to Channel 5, our family of channels include 5STAR, the fun loving home of some of the biggest dramas, soaps, entertainment shows and movies from the US and UK; 5USA the definitive place to see the best drama and movies direct from the US and Spike is the exhilarating channel with a programming mix that is different to anything else on British television. The portfolio is completed by My5, the most widely available commercial on-demand service available across multiple platforms and delivering a range of great content.
One of two team assistants, within the Production and Programme Management team responsible for the negotiation and management of commissioned content. This role provides dedicated support to the PM team and is responsible for ensuring information is checked and tracked and data systems are updated.
Working directly with the Director of Production and Programme Management and Channel Production Managers, this role supports all aspects of the Channel’s commissioning process, liaises with external producing partners and Channel departments to manage the team’s administrative processes, data systems and production management documentation.
• Support Production Management team throughout the end-to-end production process from commissioning through to delivery & final payment.
• Point of contact for production queries from producers & suppliers
• Efficiently manage the BBAM & Commissioning Specification process with a rigorous attention to detail.
• Manage and monitor the production insurance process and highlight issues in a timely manner.
• Manage the input of data into Channel 5 systems to ensure that the business receives accurate and relevant reporting.
• Ensure that information related to programme delivery is captured on the system and relevant paperwork is updated and in place.
• Liaise with Channel 5 departments to ensure excellent communication and efficiencies.
• Diary management for the Production Management team, provide general administration support to the Production Management department.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of programme production cycle from pre-production to delivery.
• Knowledge of delivery paperwork, compliance and insurance.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Initiative and problem solving skills.
• Diplomacy, sensitivity and integrity.
• Stringent attention to detail and highly organised.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise.
• Positive energy and passion for production management.
• Forward-thinking and ability to highlight potential issues with relevant person.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Highly computer literate in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.