Production Manager, Art & Design
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Comedy Central provides 24-Hour Access to comedy across multiple platforms and is the #1 Brand in Comedy among millennials. Available on-air, online and on-the-go, Comedy Central provides its audience access to the cutting-edge, laugh-out-loud world of comedy wherever and whenever they want it.
We feature award-winning late night, sketch, scripted, and animated series, along with stand-up specials and series, including The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Broad City, Tosh.0, Workaholics, Nathan For You, Another Period, Idiotsitter, Emmy® Award-winning series South Park, Inside Amy Schumer, Drunk History, and @midnight with Chris Hardwick. Overall Target: Adults ages 18-49, 18-34.
Production Manager, Art & Design is involved throughout all phases of the producing process from development to completion of a project. The Manger initiates all design production matters such as planning, scheduling, and managing the set budget for all Comedy Central design projects. They require an intimate knowledge of physical design production, as they will need to trouble shoot and offer solutions to logistic issues. The Manager is responsible for ensuring productions are on schedule, moving forward and on budget at all times. They are the ambassador for our CC design team, ensuring the best possible production process through final delivery. He/she will be asked to improve communication and collaboration between our internal design teams and outside departments. The Manager will work closely with the other Project Managers, Editor, Designers and Creative Supervisors to make sure all design elements are being produced according to production calendars. The Manager must oversee multiple projects simultaneously; have strong communication and organizational skills and great ability to cope with change in a fast pace and high stress environment.
• Support the department as a liaison between designers and in and out of house Creative Teams
• Interface with various internal departments including Business & Legal Affairsl, MML, Post
• Production, Operations, Talent, Digital, Press, Special Events, Programming and Finance to assist with production related needs and logistics
• Lead production meetings to make sure all parties have a full understanding of the project and deliverables
• Assist in the creation of production budgets and schedules
• Ensure clear communication between design groups and outside department by facilitating distribution of critical production documents including schedules
• Oversee tracking of Source material and deliverables during production
• Supervise the calendar of in-house freelancer designers
• Liaising with outside production companies as needed on projects and co-productions
• Providing daily supervision for Project Coordinator
• Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to time lines, budgets, update meetings, etc.
• Maintaining constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all new technology
Work closely with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals
• 6-8 years’ experience in Production Management
• BA/BS in related field
• Understanding of Design and Editing process and systems a must including Final Cut, Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft office
• Must have experience working with complex projects from concept to release
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to single handedly manage complex and detailed projects to aggressive timelines; while maintaining budget parameters
• Proven ability to work across multiple design groups and identify the connecting pieces/elements to avoid duplicate work
• Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
• Excellent time management, prioritization and communication skills