Media Planning Manager
ViacomMiami Beach, FL
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
as Media Planning Manager:
• Partner with VP of Programming to develop creative briefs that communicate programming objectives, strategic media planning direction and network goals.
• Work with on-air production to communicate the creative direction behind certain show launches, tent-pole events, stunts, premieres, and live events.
• Represent the media planning team in regards to those campaigns with on-air production from initiation to delivery.
• Ensure that predetermined media planning and scheduling strategies are executed properly by reviewing promos, interstitials, lower third graphics and format elements on daily broadcast logs.
• Manage sales sponsorship inventory with the Ad Sales and Marketing departments.
• Co-lead weekly departmental updates meeting.
• Oversee MTV and Paramount Channel network cross channel promotional planning inventory.
• Assist the Director in maintaining media plans for network priorities; reviewing reach and frequency goals to build ratings.
• Supervise and develop schedulers to ensure their growth in the department.
• Collaborate on all live events planning across all MTV and Paramount Channels departments from initiation to live airing.
• Represent the cluster on Brand Media Plan meetings, communicating local needs/campaigns and following up on deliveries
• Act as a key liaison between programming and the NOC and be on call outside of regular office hours.
• Support media planning team to stay abreast of marketplace and competitor trends. Assist SVP and Director in all areas as needed.
• Bachelors Degree - Master prefered.
• Bilingue - English -Spanish
• Strong interest in television programming with knowledge and interest in audience demographics.
• Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinker.
• Oriented to detail and deadlines, great time management skills.
• A team player able to work well with other departments.
• Able to conceptually visualize and understand the many moving parts of programming.
• Flexible, self-starter, able to work well under pressure.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interest in television, the digital video space and evolving kids landscape.
• Familiarity and interest in digital video platforms (such as Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, YouTube, Video on Demand, etc.).