Director, Franchise Animation
This was removed by the employer on 2/15/2018 10:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Franchise Animation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Franchise Animation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Franchise Animation? Overview
Successful candidate will be responsible for talent outreach: identifying, reaching out, meeting, and developing relationships with talent (artists, writers, cartoonists, directors, animators, filmmakers, etc.) with the goal of soliciting pitches for original animated content (TV series, web and social media content, games, etc.) that meets the network’s standards and mandates. In addition, candidate will serve as creative lead on development projects as assigned by the VP of Animation Development and tackle special creative assignments as they arise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Director of Franchise Animation will perform some or all of the following duties:
• Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with creative talent: writers, artists, directors, etc.
• Oversee creative talent throughout development and production.
• Shepherd multiple projects from inception to completion.
• Collaborate with development, production, and creative teams to generate ideas, structure pitches, and ensure strong creative foundation.
• Collaborate with strategic partners (internal LOBs and external partners) to ensure cohesive execution of developed properties across multiple expressions.
• Evaluate pitches to determine if they meet the mandates of the network.
• Represent the network to the creative community in the best possible light to ensure our message to the community is clear and well-received.
• Regularly attend events including film festivals, comic conventions, industry events, art shows, film screenings, panels, etc. in order to network with other professionals and be visible and available to the creative community.
• Appear on panels about and for the animation industry as a representative of the network, as needed.
• Work closely with other departments at the network including Recruiting, Artist and Writer Programs, Current Series, Human Resources, Social Media, On-Air, Programming etc. for ongoing talent outreach efforts and specific projects.
• 10 years of related experience
• Experience working on large franchise properties
• Experience working with high profile strategic partners
• Understanding of consumer products
• Additional Qualifications
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge and passion for animation: deep understanding of animation production
• Outstanding people skills—the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of executives, creatives, and other partners
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong Connections to the animation community
• Strong presentation skills: written and verbal communication skills This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.