Designer, Content & Engagement
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Responsible for leading design creation from concept through production and execution with internal and/or external resources.
• Responsible for the creation of all social assets (images, GIFs, stickers, etc)
• Create designs that meet latest web standards, focusing on usability, navigation, and load times.
• Apply digital design principles and techniques to the creation of and enhancement of integrated products.
• Work with producers and project managers in developing site / page architecture, meeting project requirements and objectives within tight deadlines.
• Brainstorm and conceptualize mobile/social apps and multiplatform designs.
• Create original and cobranded multiplatform experiences across established VIMN brands for commercial sponsors and partners.
• Ability to understand brand strategy and translate into designs across properties and audiences within VIMN portfolio.
• Create multiple interface design and layout solutions concurrently, always providing multiple design solutions for complex visual problems.
• Work closely with developers and product owners to collaborate in agile-driven environment.
• Help Producers scope new projects by providing initial digital design, user experience and layout direction.
• Produce variety of images, storyboards, mock-ups, and presentations.
• Present design direction as needed to stakeholders and peers alike.
• Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in web design, graphic content design, and concept development
• Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field required.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong understanding of user experience theories
• Solid background and knowledge of localization as it relates to products and design.
• Excellent typography and layout abilities
• Understanding of presentation layer technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
• Experience with latest responsive design techniques and knowledge of current and emerging digital design trends
• Strong communication and client interaction skills
• Ability to work with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment
• Good knowledge of industry standard project management procedures and awareness of the issues involved in developing cross-platform products and services
• Attention to detail is instrumental
• Innovative, creative, and analytical thinker
• Experience building prototypes desirable