Coordinator, Social & Native Buying
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is seeking a Coordinator of Social and Native Buying to join the Media Activation team in the Audience Science division. Audience Science works as an internal agency supporting our all of brands. The Coordinator will have a high impact in driving viewership across all our TV Networks, including to premieres and live tentpole events.
This role is responsible for day to day management and optimization of media buying across Social and Native for all Audience Science client campaigns. The Audience Science team’s internal client portfolio is inclusive of BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, TV Land and more. The role requires superb social media buying skills including campaign set-up and real-time optimizations.
• Oversee an intense level of day-to-day Social and Native media buying and optimizations for Audience Science client campaigns, including buying on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and LinkedIn as well as a variety of Native platforms.
• Partner closely with Audience Science Brand Services on all campaigns, ensuring full alignment on media allocations, flighting, deliverables, and client needs.
• Work closely with each platform vendor on a day-to-day basis to ensure buying techniques are in sync with evolving platform capabilities. Includes hosting regular in-office vendor hours.
• Vet, test, on-board, and become a buying expert in any new social and native platforms.
• Institutionalize media buying best practices for bidding, budget management, flighting, frequency, viewability, etc.
• Educate other Audience Science team verticals and Clients on buying capabilities, best practices, etc. to ensure best-in-class strategic planning and execution.
• Provide platform overviews, creative specs, etc. to Audience Science’s Tech & Ad Ops and Account Services team verticals across all buying platforms so that these teams can best manage creation and deliverability of all assets.
• Provide daily campaign reporting and analysis as needed. Serve as a strong contributor to deeper campaign analyses working closely with dedicated analysts.
• Learn additional platforms outside of Social & Native (Mobile, Display etc.) to assist team members as necessary.
• 1-2 years of hands-on social and native buying experience across multiple clients, preferably from a media agency or entertainment-based organization. 1-2 years of hands-on programmatic buying/trading is also acceptable. Strong Internship experience is accepted.
• Experience with one or more of the following platforms: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn.
• Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong ability to articulate detailed social and native media buying capabilities and tactics to both internal team members and clients.
• Experience in the following platforms a plus: TripleLift, Nativo, Yahoo! Gemini.
• Must be able to occasionally work nights and weekends to ensure real-time management of all media buys (the role is overtime eligible)
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment.
• Must be comfortable supporting upwards of 15 client partners at one time.
• Must be a team player with a “can-do” attitude, who exhibits a strong sense of flexibility, project ownership, entrepreneurial drive, curiosity, and is able to identify and solve problems independently.
• Must be comfortable with an ever-changing digital landscape, flexible to evolving business needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred