Assistant Manager Internal Audit
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting with planning and conducting audit fieldwork and special projects across Viacom, travelling domestically and internationally, where necessary. The Assistant Manager will perform value added reviews (which may include internal control testing, detailed analysis of business data, and gaining an understanding of business models and strategic goals) with the objective of identifying opportunities to streamline and improve business operations, safeguard company assets, enhance revenue, reduce costs and promote best practices across Viacom.
• Participate in project level audit planning.
• Perform detailed operating, financial and strategic analysis, as needed.
• Perform detailed data analysis using ACL, including fraud detection techniques.
• Perform and document audit testing, including drafting findings for audit reports.
• Identify value added/process improvement opportunities.
• Prepare and present individual audit findings to division management; clearly articulating the potential impact of issues.
• Assist with drafting audit reports and updates, as needed.
• Provide operational and administrative support to the team, as needed.
• A BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree.
• Professional Certification (CIA, CPA, Chartered Accountant, CISA, or equivalent).
• A minimum of 3 of experience in internal audit, internal audit services and/or public accounting, including supervisory experience. Entertainment industry experience, hands on knowledge of Teammate Audit Management software a plus.
• Must demonstrate a clear understanding of division operating practices and management concerns, while at the same time communicating best practices and corporate insight and improvements in a professional and decisive manner.
• Strong leadership and must possess strong team building skills.
• Self starter with the ability to see a project through to completion and to take job ownership.
• Strong administrative skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent research skills with the ability to gather, organize, synthesize, and present information.
• Flexible, resourceful and business driven.
• 20 to 25% travel (domestic and international).