Head Carpenter (Touring)
VStar Entertainment GroupTouring, US
Full Time Job
Primary Objective of Position
Looking for experienced Theatre/Arena Head Carpenter to tour with a Family Entertainment show. Tour lasts 42 weeks with the show playing a combination of Theatres and Arenas. Entry to mid-level position in career perfect fit the position.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Work with Company Manager, Performance Director and Tour Production Manager to provide supervision of the carpentry department, staff and local labor, including assembly of the grid, scenery and construction of additional scenery elements (i.e. ramp and maxi-stage, forestage thrust).
2. Functions as a ''hands on'' department head working with technical staff to provide maintenance and upkeep of the assigned show carpentry items and schedules.
3. Supervise Assistant Carpenter and local crews in the construction of the grid trussing, assembly of scenic elements, hanging of drapery, maintenance of the scenic and physical plant elements and construction of ramp and maxi stage. Troubleshoot any technical problems encountered. Inform Company Manager, Tour Production Manager and VPS of any problems requiring shop assistance.
4. Be present at pre-rig to make decisions about physical plant placement.
5. Work with Performance Director and Tour Production Manager to create a master cue sheet of all performance cues and scene changes during production. Continue to coordinate the cueing and performance of the show throughout duration of the tour. Implement corrections necessary to maintain and/ or improve the look of the show from both performance and crew standpoints.
6. Supervise Assistant Carpenter in any assignments pertaining to pre-production, set-up and strike, running of the show and the maintenance of scenic elements.
7. Plan and implement maintenance procedures for all carpentry and rigging systems. Assess maintenance needs and implement necessary step to assure operational safety and integrity.
8. Maintain current paperwork, which include cue sheets, hang plots, rig plots, truck packs and equipment lists and manifests.
9. Work with VPS and C&C shops during summer production to prepare the assigned show for touring. These duties include accepting training for set-up of the scenic elements, rigging of all curtain tracks and flying elements, cueing all shifts for the scenic part of the show, marking & labeling of all items, standard refurbishment of scenic elements and crating and creation of an accurate truck loading plan.
10. Work with VSTAR Entertainment Operations Department, Company Manager and Tour Production Manager to advance the show into each building and to perform site inspections of possible future buildings.
11. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all vendors and clients.
12. Work with VPS staff throughout tour to assess problems with show equipment and provide possible solutions.
13. Must have minimum 3 years of experience rigging, assembling truss, hanging soft goods on traveler tracks, running cue tracks and overseeing local crews.
14. All other duties as assigned.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online