Team Coordinator, Blue Note, Temporary
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
Position is 6 month Temporary role with the potential to go Regular Full Time. In this dynamic position, the Team Coordinator will serve as the key component for the team, acting as an administrative support point person for Blue Note. We are currently seeking a bright visionary mind to support our current day-to-day needs as well as experience and skill in, among other things, providing high level support and having a deep understanding of the music industry. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, organizational, and creative skills. Must be very efficient and highly detail oriented; multitasking and working on tight deadlines in a fast- paced environment is crucial.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Studio-hub data entry, label copy and product set-up
• Artist travel arrangements
• Product Scheduling: submitting products to the production team
• Submitting product orders via DJcentral and egratis
• Special research projects – archive requests for master tapes, photo and video assets, etc.; update list of major jazz schools/instructors to create BN education program
• Back-up/fill-in for Rachel on Don’s phone
• Office supply orders and artist gift orders
• Scheduling and coordination of meetings and events: various BN meetings, listening parties, artist meetings, presentations: arranging conference rooms, A/V setup, catering, preparing materials, parking reservations, etc.
• StudioCDN music distribution
• Organizing/managing audio files (updating latest versions, naming, archiving)
• Creation of Marketing Assets – onesheets, timelines, digi-advertising creative, print and online ads
• Play MPE Setup – International Music Distribution to our label partners
• Support Blue Note D2C Store, updating new releases, adding in-demand catalog products
• Manage team expenses
• Ad-hoc duties
• Outgoing personality
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Time management/Organizational skills
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to perform research, summarize info and report back findings
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, safeguard confidential information, and work overtime as required
• Intermediate skills in MS Office suite
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Willingness to go above and beyond and take on additional duties as need be
• Music Industry experience
• 1-2 years of administrative assistant experience
• Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.