Summer Intern - Central Finance
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Job title: Central Finance Intern (July 2018 Start)
Responsible to: Management Accountant
Department: Central Finance
Location of work: Kensington Village
Main Purpose of Role
The Central finance department sits in UMO (Universal Music Operations) as a support centre to the wider company.
The jobholder provides financial and administrative support to the Central Finance department, working across all areas (RTR, PTP, OTC, Treasury, Label Support and Group Consolidation teams).
• General support to the RTR team including budget control for owned UMO departments plus various ad hoc analysis including month end A&R and Marketing reporting.
• Treasury – Banking, raising cheques, posting cheques, posting credit card transactions, coordination of document exchange with the outsourced partners and banking correspondence.
• OTC/ PTP – General administrative duties (post, coordination of document exchange with the outsourced partners) plus ad hoc projects.
• IT support – working alongside Finance Systems Analyst to administer access requests to software and systems.
• Office management duties – General support to all team members including IT access administration, stationery, meeting facilitator and concert ticket coordinator.
• Ideally this would suit someone currently studying a Finance related degree, looking to complete a University placement year, starting next July 2018. Or someone who has equivalent work experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
• Strong communication skills
• Good organisation of self and others
• Proactive approach
• Excellent attention to detail
• Flexible attitude and approach
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.