Senior Software Engineer Music Distribution
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
• Working on global projects with a focus on digital distribution of music and video – working as senior engineer in an international team.
• Communicating with internal and external customers as part of the agile software development process and issue management.
• System monitoring & management: Reacting to alerts, analysing bottlenecks, rebalance workloads and adjust system configurations.
• Error analysis & bug fixing: identify system or input issues followed by code fix, testing and deployment to staging and production environments.
• Infrastructure management: Scale in / out of servers, adjust autoscaling configurations, working with AWS support in case of issues.
• Actively take over implementation of (micro-) services, frameworks and API’s using tools like Swagger, Spring and BPM Workflow Engines.
• Supporting other team members with your technical experience and expertise, contributing with new ideas and improvement to enhancements of our distribution services.
• “We build it, we run it” – Operational responsibility for global music distribution services in UMG
• Passionate about solving problems with software and highly motivated to write code.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, not afraid of being “exposed” and handle complex and difficult situations with the support of a strong team.
• Solid understanding of IT infrastructure technologies (networking, storage, DNS, load balancing)
• Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and meet project commitments
• Experience with object oriented programming languages (ideally Java) and relational database technologies (Oracle, Postgres, SQL-Server). Experience with PL/SQL is a plus
• Experience with complex XML and JSON documents and its validation techniques
• Experience with Linux operating system and its tools (shell scripts, ssh, sftp, strace, lsof…)
• Experience with object oriented programming languages (ideally Java or .NET)
• Experience with cloud services, ideally Amazon Web Services. (Deep understanding of IT infrastructure technologies, Linux and Windows required)
• Experience of working in a media centric company is a plus
• Experience in leading a team (on-shore or off-shore) is a plus
• Degree in computer science (or related field) and/or at least 5 years’ experience working in a professional software development environment, combined with operational responsibility.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.