Senior Manager, IT Vendor Management Office
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager for our IT Vendor Management Office (VMO). This position reports to the head of the IT VMO and is responsible for ensuring that IT vendors are governed in accordance with their contractual obligations to achieve the greatest value for UMG.
• Exhibit a high degree of analytical skills as part of a creative approach to problem-solving.
• Create data-based contractual disputes and negotiate resolution with vendor’s senior leadership team.
• Build a strong working relationship with IT, Finance, Sourcing, Legal and other relevant department/teams.
• Understand contractual, commercial and operational terms.
• Review, redline, and reference contractual documentation to ensure clarity, consistency, and governability.
• Advise on touch points between operational issues and contract terms when consulted.
• Facilitate contractual escalations between UMG and vendors, including liaising with UMG Legal as required.
• Drive continuous improvement by identifying contractual gaps and risks, improving UMG’s standardized contract templates, and developing consistent, repeatable processes.
• Ensure that the established UMG vendor management practices are implemented.
• Exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential contract documents.
• Act as the key contact for all contract-related issues.
• Participate in senior-level governance meetings with vendors and UMG IT.
• Monitor vendor compliance with contractual obligations (deliverables, service levels, invoice details and reports).
• Respond to contract questions and provide best-practice guidance and templates.
• Monitor vendor performance improvement plans.
• Work with vendors and UMG IT to adhere to contract change control processes.
• Serve formal written contract notices to vendors.
• Participate in formal financial contract benchmarking.
• Track and report on internal audit compliance activities.
• Actively listen in meetings for action items, document ownership, and track completion.
• Create and maintain a vendor dashboard, including performance metrics and deliverables.
• Complete additional assignments on or before deadlines, including proactively providing progressive status reporting.
• Create PowerPoint presentations for Executive briefings.
• Deep working knowledge of contract terms and conditions, including the ability to discern where operational issues touch contract terms.
• The ability to develop a strategy to tackle complex problems, including writing a well-formed problem statement and actionable recommendations.
• Attention to small details with a high value on quality and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
• The ability to collaborate with co-workers and internal clients at all levels.
• Self-motivation, be proactive and resourceful, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to ensure vendor and IT accountability, manage disputes and achieve continuous improvement.
• A strong understanding of contract risks and work with other parts of the organization in crafting tactics and strategies for risk mitigation.
• A high level of organization and the ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines.
• A willingness and ability to assume additional assignments and tasks outside of normal responsibilities.
• Proficiency with standard MS Office platform, including SharePoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro and Visio.
• The ability to create process diagrams and write procedures guides is preferred.
• Strong project and process management skills preferred.
• 7 years of experience in vendor management, contract management, service delivery or similar role.
• Experience in a technology environment and/or in the media and entertainment industry is preferred.
• Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Project Management is desired, but not required.
• Experience in managing large, complex contracts containing one or more IT service is preferred.
• A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in an analytical field such as general business, computer science, psychology, economics, mathematics, statistics or finance or related field.
• Knowledge of IT products (hardware and software), IT services (consulting, application development, and infrastructure), IT concepts and systems is preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.