Senior Director - Digital Strategy
Universal Music GroupWoolloomooloo, NS
Full Time Job
The digital transformation of the music industry is undoubtedly one of the biggest and most exciting industry revolutions of recent decades. Technology has built a landscape where consumers are better served than they have ever been. People can listen to music anywhere, anytime, on one or all of their several music-compatible devices! And the opportunity for artists to be heard on a global platform has never been greater!
Are you a crazy music fan who is fully immersed in the streaming generation? Do you know the ins and outs of Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Soundcloud (you name it) and push new releases or playlists onto your friends?! If you are obsessed with music and love all things digital, we are on the hunt for someone like you!
We are currently looking for a Senior Director - Digital Strategy to join the Universal Music team. For a commercially minded and creative person, there has never been a better time to join Universal. With access to what is undoubtedly the world’s largest and most recognised music catalogue, you will relish the chance to develop, implement and execute digital growth and commercial strategies for our Label and Marketing teams and lead the Digital Strategy team with the responsibility of championing the ever changing digital landscape across download and subscription streaming services.
About the role:
• Develop and execute digital revenue strategic plans to deliver budgeted revenue, growth and profitability across download and streaming subscription platforms through understanding and leveraging partner landscape, objectives and capabilities.
• Mentor and lead the Digital Strategy team to achieve effective account management, retention of existing business, identifying creative business initiatives and keeping abreast of all partner commercial and platform developments.
• Lead negotiations on digital content license agreements and renewals to ensure UMA and our artists are represented fairly and value is grown and maintained across all digital content formats.
• Drive innovative content and release campaigns by integrating digital marketing best practice, social strategy optimisation and leveraging individual partner strengths.
• Keep abreast of latest technologies and identify digital trends and potential opportunities across the business. Educate and present insight-driven planning to secure company buy-in for key growth.
• Utilising digital marketing and financial metrics to identify and incorporate insights to develop target KPIs and forecast performance for the wider business.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and business partners.
• Working across commercial deal approval and new partner set up with international teams.
• Degree qualified, preferably in business / communications / marketing.
• 5 years of experience in, advanced knowledge of and absolute passion for the digital space.
• Sound commercial understanding of digital business models. Proficient in digital marketing and financial metrics.
• Proven success as a leader with compelling integrated cross channel campaign ideation and business development proposals.
• Demonstrated success in delivering on and exceeding revenue targets.
• Ability to think outside of the box and challenge the norm.
• Superior leadership, relationship building, communication, negotiation skills and prior experience managing teams.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
• You are not looking for the typical 9-5 job!
If the above sounds like you please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that due to the Christmas and New Year period, all recruitment activity is on hold. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted week commencing 15th January 2018.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!