Post Production Engineer
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
• Manage and engineer in-house audio mastering and editing of specified projects for Church Resources (Brentwood Benson/Worship Together) and occasionally Capitol CMG’s full roster. Deliver all masters on-time per release schedule.
• Assist the content teams (CCMG video team and Church Resources) within the company for recording and mixing acoustic performances, live performances, song stories and other visual assets.
• Manage and maintain the Capitol CMG writing studios. Work with publishing and A&R to maintain the studio calendar and assist those using the studios with all audio needs.
• Assist and provide backup in:
• Engineering live audio production (FOH & monitors) internally for the Founder’s Room, Radio Lounge, common areas, and approved off-site events. Events include: large meetings, artist showcases, artist devotions, album release parties, and select conferences (shared responsibility).
• Facilitating A/V presentation for internal Capitol CMG meetings/events in conference rooms (occasional off-site) with a/v technical support.
• Maintaining the on-site digital and Iron Mountain media vaults with secure documentation and storage of CMG’s audio assets (shared responsibility). Archive audio masters assets digital vault system in conjunction with CCMG IT department.
• Provide general audio assistance building-wide (upon request).
• Work with CCMG video team and Church Resources (Worship Together/ Brentwood Benson) on recording, editing, tuning, mixing, mastering and creating mix versions for commercial release. As needed, help with audio recording on off-site shoots.
• Book and manage the CCMG writing studio Calendar. Maintain the studios and writer rooms and keep them in working order and organized. Assist studio guests with audio expertise (upon request).
• Work with CCMG label group and Church Resources to record and edit audio liners for radio and other digital partners (upon request).
• Use audio software to clean up audio including noise reduction, de-essing, de-clicking, de-crackle, compression and mastering.
• Assist and provide backup in:
• Engineering live audio production (front of house, monitors, & webcast) for Founder’s Room (internal) and off-site company related events.
• Managing master versions and assembling album configurations in-house with critical attention to the highest quality standard possible.
• Receiving and archiving all master content (multi-track session files, and printed alt mixes (instrumentals, TV Tracks, Vocal Ups, etc.).
• Delivering all mastered audio releases to PMT/digital supply-chain on time.
• Providing and duplicating physical CDs and links to approved music. Including music that may be archived digitally or at Iron Mountain (upon request).
• Providing technical expertise in the decision making process of purchasing equipment (capital expenses).
• Technical liaison to IT department. Facilitate supplying audio (shared responsibility with Video Manager) files for archiving and links.
• Provide backup for other post production engineering responsibilities.
• Managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while producing excellent results with limited supervision.
• Recording, mixing, editing and mastering on relevant platforms such as WaveLab, Protools 12, Logic-X, ProPresenter etc.
• Live sound engineering FOH & monitors to a critical listening audience. Ability to adapt to new digital console formats.
• Ability to be responsive to time-sensitive changes.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical issues in clear, everyday language
• Preparing media for meetings using a variety of software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint, ProPresenter, Box Enterprise, WamNet, Studio CDN, and others
• Organized and detail oriented. Self-starter.
• Equivalent 3-5 Years experience as either an Assistant Recording or Live Sound Engineer and/or a in a recording studio/multi-media environment.
• Apple Certification MFiT and other streaming codecs as needed
• Working knowledge of vinyl mastering
• Minimum of 2-Year Associates Degree in Accredited Audio Engineering School or Technical College
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.