New Business Manager
Universal Music GroupBangkok, BM
Full Time Job
Universal Music Thailand are hiring! We are currently looking for a New Business Manager to join the team. For a commercially minded and creative person, there has never been a better time to join Universal. With access to what is undoubtedly the world’s largest and most recognised music catalogue, you will relish the chance to create revenue opportunities through artist endorsements & management rights, event sponsorships, live ticketing, media & strategic marketing partnerships and branded sponsorships.
This exciting opportunity will suit those with a strong understanding of the Thai media landscape, passion for music and ideally an entertainment industry background.
About the role:
• Create and execute partnership strategies and proposals for our business partners to exploit our artists, music and resources from Universal Music. Present to partners and clients when required.
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and business partners to leverage new business opportunities and existing projects/accounts.
• Negotiate and formalise deals with clients.
• Identify sponsorship and partnership opportunities for local and live events.
• Collaborate closely with Global and Regional Business Development teams to achieve most effective project planning, release and results.
• Monitor all media relating to music industry news and trends and continually explore new opportunities.
• Other duties to support Marketing / Artists / wider business as required.
• Relevant qualifications in Business, Marketing, Creative or related field.
• 5 years of experience in Thailand Business Development, Account Management, Sales from Music/ Entertainment/ Live Event/ Media/ or Advertising Agencies.
• Excellent understanding of the offline and online media landscape.
• Entrepreneurial, creative and innovative. Understands the internal and external landscape to identify out of the box opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Thai. Advanced client presenting / pitching and negotiation skills.
• Strong customer focus and ability to build relationships with people from varying backgrounds.
• Music passion and knowledge.
• Advanced computer competence in MS Office, particularly Powerpoint and Keynote.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.