National Media Coordinator
Universal Music GroupWoolloomooloo, NS
Full Time Job
Are you the crazy music fan always sharing the latest discoveries and weekly gigs with your friends? If someone asked you, “what’s your favourite ever album?” would you struggle to choose because THERE ARE JUST SO MANY!? If you are you looking to kick-start your career within the music industry, then keep reading on!
Universal Music Australia is on the hunt for a superstar National Media Coordinator to join the UMA family. Working with the world’s largest and most recognised music catalogue, the successful candidate will support the day to day operations of the International, Australian and Strategic marketing teams, servicing allocated media outlets, coordinating travel, assisting with ticketing and guest lists for gigs and events, and much, MUCH more!
This is a highly collaborative role where you will work across the key business areas of Marketing & Media, Artist Relations, Digital, Streaming and Radio.
WHERE is this amazing, one-of-a-kind opportunity based, you ask? Well, we don’t wanna brag, but our ridiculously awesome office is in the heart of Sydney and has million dollar Harbour views...
To sum the role up -
• Build and maintain relationships with media contact via regular phone, email and face to face contact.
• Liaise with Marketing team to ensure timely availability and delivery of tools required for media service.
• Preparing and distributing weekly PR reports and compiling other information as required by the team.
• Work closely with the Radio team on increasing the weekly National Radio chart share for our artists. Collaborate and create innovative strategies and opportunities for artists across Radio regionally.
• Collaborate with the Streaming team to deliver playlist additions and weekly priorities across our streaming platforms.
• Arrange travel and accommodation for PR team, business partners and prize winners. Organise visas for international trips as required.
• Provide administrative assistance to the Managing Directors, Universal.
Here is what you need:
• Your crazy obsession with music knows no bounds!
• You follow the music industry, our artists and our labels.
• You have an impeccable eye for detail and outstanding organisation. Some may say you have OCD tendencies...
• You thrive off pressure and deadlines.
• You have proven customer service skills and will go above and beyond for internal and external contacts.
• You’re a Microsoft Office super user, a social media butterfly and also a nerd for learning new systems.
• You get along with all kinds of different people, collaboration is key.
• You’re not looking for a typical 9-5 job!
If the above sounds like you please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that due to the Christmas and New Year period, all recruitment activity is on hold. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted week commencing 15th January 2018.
About Us -
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!