Marketing Administrator- Motown Gospel
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
Provide administrative and marketing services in support of the on-time, budget-conscious implementation of marketing plans.
• Support the Marketing team in the timely creation and execution of marketing plans that are consistent with overall vision and strategy and effectively leverage the expertise of all internal and external partners.
• Maintain travel needs, schedule, calendar, call list, expense reports, filing, scheduling of meetings (including distribution of agenda), shipping requests and handle query calls as needed for the VP, Marketing.
• Attend Motown Gospel meetings and provide agendas, notes, and other support, including creating and/or assisting with presentations.
• Coordinate, gain appropriate approvals and book all travel for artists and Marketing team. Remain current on all travel changes, policies, pricing – continually communicating to team. (Approved artist travel will be handled at the mutual discretion of manager and administrator).
• Enter and create Purchase Orders (PO’s) for the Marketing team on a weekly basis. Coordinate all ad hoc product orders via TinyTerm for Marketing team. Keep promo cabinets amply stocked for assigned artists.
• Pull BDS and Mediabase Radio reports weekly on all active Motown Gospel singles.
• Update radio and publicity databases and coordinate mailings/servicing of radio singles and promotional merchandise items.
• Assist VP Marketing in presentation preparation including assembling Key Date Sheets, PowerPoint, compiling specific SoundScan and shipment reports, setting-up meeting rooms, etc.
• Assist in management and on-time production of all merch/point of purchase material per title as needed— submitting GLs, shipping requests, routing, etc. as well as other marketing materials.
• Support the setup of all projects (including digital) into the CCMG system.
• Provide support with on-line management of third-party sites, community sites and label-sponsored sites.
• Regular pulling of data from SoundScan, artist portal, and other industry sources for manager, retail, PR and other outlets to ensure consistent information flow.
• Apply written and oral communication skills to build and nurture highly productive working relationships at all times. Particular emphasis should be on courtesy, discretion and diplomacy with outside parties, including artists, management, as well as in-house relationships throughout the company (mail services, travel, IMS, Distribution).
• Provide support with online commerce and the development of online tools.
• Provide support in the area of PR by delivering assets & content to publicists as needed.
• Coordinate special events for Marketing team, including album presentations, showcases, etc., and assist with on-site special events as needed.
• Work with internal departments to keep Marketing team aware of and responsive to critical deadlines.
• Financially oversee budgets for events/projects as assigned, through completion.
• Coordinate all comp ticket requests for assigned artists.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proven written and oral communication skill
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively within a fast-paced environment
• Thorough and detail-oriented
• Proven people skills
• Event planning and management skills
• Timely and accurate completion of projects
• Positive and efficient communication
• Prior comparable experience required (1 year)
• Marketing or entertainment experience a plus
• Regularly required to sit
• Requires motor skills to operate a keyboard and basic office equipment
• Occasionally required to stand and walk
• Ability to communicate over the phone and in person
• Occasionally required to lift up to 25lbs
• Requires occasional travel
• College degree required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.