Lead BPC Architect
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Lead BPC Architect
Department: Global IT – Financial Applications
Location of work: Kensington Village, London W14 (Some Travel Required)
Main purpose of role
Due to departmental restructuring within the Forecast and Planning area, we are seeking a self-starter who is knowledgeable on all aspects of the BPC application covering both Technical design and build.
The role needs to provide leadership and ownership of ongoing development, support and future roll-outs of the BPC toolset, and be the technical face of BPC for all major stakeholders involved in the solution.
In this role the candidate will work closely with other Technical Architects, Business Analysts and End Users to ensure; accurate requirement definition, sound functional design, timely development & implementation as well as providing professional change management and governance.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Governance of the global BPC template solution
• Management of further enhancements to the existing solutions (Music Planning and creation of a Publishing global template)
• Management of wider territory/regional roll-outs
• Management and delivery of future Planning & Reporting initiatives using the BPC tool including system Upgrades and Patching.
• Interface with the Global SAP/HFM Support Team for downstream/upstream interfaces and inter dependencies
• Ensuring UMG's BPC Strategy is aligned with that of SAPs, as well as actively investigating new SAP Products and Technologies (BPC Embedded Solution, HANA, BOBJ, etc).
• Definition of standards, processes and governance, in support of the global reporting vision
• Production of functional & technical specifications for solution development and implementation.
• Production of Testing Scripts and Training Materials for new functionality and enhancements.
• Providing level 3 support to the Support Team (Occasionally, level 2).
• Excellent BPC skills, accompanied with a solid understanding of SAP FICO, in order to have a good understanding of business requirements.
• Proactive individual with the ability to work alone or within the core team, including business and 3rd Party representatives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to document and present implemented solution, strategies, standards, and concepts to both business and IT audiences
• Strong leadership and management qualitie
• Highly experienced within SAP BPC 10 (Netweaver)
• Educated to university degree level (or equivalent qualification)
• Exposure to IT processes, methodologies and best practices
• Qualified Accountant (or experienced part-qualified accountant)
• Experience in managing, supporting BW and other SAP technologies
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Strong VBA Programming Skills
• Skills and experience in the following areas would also be highly advantageous: BW-IP, HANA, BOBJ, Fox Formulae
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Universal Music Job Description1