Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, CRM (Santa Monica,LA or NY, NY)
Universal Music Group Consumer Engagement is seeking a Director, CRM to build a best of breed direct-to-fan acquisition and communications capability worthy of the world’s leading music content company. A successful candidate will be a results-driven CRM expert, who can not only hit the ground running with high-growth strategies, but also is willing to roll their sleeves up and support the build out of underlying capabilities and operationalize short-term tests and campaigns.
• Build and manage a direct customer relationship asset for UMG and our labels, with best-in-industry fan acquisition, profiling and activation that delivers large, relevant and engaged audiences for artists and labels.
• Serve as the voice of music super fan within the organization. Taking a “fan first” mindset in developing communications, targeting, data profiling and CRM so that fans receive relevant communications with news, video and audio content, information, and product offerings that are relevant to the fans interests and potential interests.
• Consistently thinking about the fan relationship and its long-term value to the organization across all products and formats (merch, physical music, playlisting, vinyl, experiences) and elements of value we can deliver for fans (content, news, tour dates, special access and new artists).
• Plan, manage and deliver multi-channel, digital CRM marketing campaigns as well as lifecycle marketing campaigns, which aim to manage the most effective outcome and value across each related music fan touchpoint.
• Collaborating with legal, data, and operations teams, define, document and manage the approach and policy for using CRM data to extract deep value.
• Develop customer segmentation strategies and govern the contact strategy across each group to ensure optimum customer experience is balanced alongside maximum revenue return.
• Partner with analytics and platform teams to perform customer and campaign analysis as well as predictive and segmentation modelling to help highlight opportunities and resulting strategies.
• Inform and influence offers, promotions and journeys required to drive increased LTV.
• Accountable for daily monitoring, optimization and ROI across all direct channels, customer KPIs and programs.
• “General Manager” mindset, with “service provider” skills,
• Must have a strong business acumen and ability to convince others of business value.
• A thoughtful, data informed, and brand sensitive approach to cross promotion of musical products and content.
• Excellent technical knowledge of a variety of CRM and analytical technologies, systems and processes.
• Strong understanding of key industry standard email, mobile, social and CRM concepts and capabilities.
• Working knowledge of a variety of CRM industry-leading consumer data and technologies.
• Knowledge of industry-standard CRM practices and compliances (e.g. COPPA, EU Safe Harbour, CAN-SPAM, etc.)
• Strong analytical abilities and passion for leverage data and analytics in a marketing capacity.
• Deep love of music, pop culture and understanding of the “fan” mentality and digital experiences.
• 5 years direct experience implementing CRM segmentation and marketing automation strategies at scale.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.