Data Analysis Manager
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
UMG’s Global Insight team manages the most powerful and effective data sets and research capabilities in the music industry. As well as utilising sales and other commercial data, the Global Insight team manages extensive consumer survey data from around the world, delivering unique detail into evolving attitudes and behaviour of today’s music consumers.
Global Insight is a 15 staff team, with presence in London, NY and LA. This role is based in NY and will require close integration with the data team in London, supporting the Artist Insight Team. The candidate will report directly to the Artist Insight Director.
The Artist Insight Team delivers in-depth artist brand analysis, campaign recommendations and trend information to marketing executives, informing marketing and commercial strategy of a music release.
We are currently seeking a Data Analysis Manager to run complex analysis on UMG’s commercial and sales data, as well as other data sources, to support the artist insight projects.
Perform analyses on large sets of commercial data to extract actionable insights to support the artist insight projects. Work closely with the Data Analytics team, managing workflow in a cohesive manner. Keep up to date with the data analysis initiatives developed across the business. Identify opportunities to develop analysis, providing pro-active suggestions and innovating on an ongoing basis.
• Deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
• Technical competence to perform advanced analytics:
• Database analytics and data extraction (SQL)
• Data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Domo)
• Experience performing analysis with large datasets
• Capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
• Statistical modeling, segmentation building would be a plus
• Team worker, can-do approach.
• Passion for music is essential.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment where continuous innovation is the rule.
• Ability to explain complex topics in simple terms. Can translate numerical findings into recommendations.
• At least 4 years of experience in a data analysis role.
• Degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.