Creative Production Coordinator - Capitol Christian Music Group
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, CA
Full Time Job
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The purpose of this position is to facilitate the day-to-day functions of creating both physical and digital print and audio products.
• Organize and facilitate recordings
• Coordinate transcription and delivery of LS/PVG/SATB/Orchestrations/etc. for internal and outside digital vendors
• Writing, arranging, orchestrating and editing on an as needed basis
• Attend and provide input to production meetings, concept meetings, etc.
• Proof and edit product as needed
• Assist in managing production budgets and negotiating terms and contracts
• Awareness of copyright permissions and clearances, Work for Hire Agreements, name and likeness issues, etc.
• Assist with music editorial and typesetting duties as needed
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of music and music theory
• Piano, choral (SATB), and orchestral skills desired for editing
• Extensive experience with Finale (Sibelius experience a plus)
• Working knowledge of evangelical choral music, piano music, and vocal/guitar music relative to print music industry and church music
• Proactive, extremely organized and problem solution oriented
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel as well as Adobe InDesign
• Working knowledge of Pro Tools and/or other DAW platforms a plus
• Strong relational skills and self-motivated
• 2 years of relevant experience
• Music Business or Church Music degree preferred
• Experience writing, arranging, recording, or engraving choral music a plus
• Choral conducting and keyboard skills preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.