Business Intelligence Developer
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is looking for a developer to generate and implement dashboards and automated reporting tools that will benefit the operations the global organization.
This position requires close collaboration with business stakeholders and subject matter experts, in order to gather requirements, translate them into technical specifications, and design excellent dashboards that get to the heart of the matter in a clear and succinct manner.
The ideal candidate should be capable of creating front-end web apps and writing complex queries that will feed their reports and/or dashboards. They should also be capable of tapping into multiple data sources and creating their own datasets to suit their end goal.
• Develop automated reports and dashboards using front-end web development techniques, DOMO, Tableau, Excel, MicroStrategy, SAP, and other reporting/visualization tools.
• Gather and understand business requirements to set functional specifications for dashboards, reports, or reporting applications.
• Clearly convey the key insight or “story” the data reveals in a visual format.
• Manipulate data into sleek, functional front-end applications using the framework and packages of your choice.
• Gather and prepare data from multiple sources to support information analytics. Experience using SQL
• Demonstrable ability to write complex queries with SQL/Hive.
• Previous experience in an analytics based role within a tech based company preferred
• Experience with GCP BigQuery, DOMO, and/or modern web frameworks and libraries like Angular, React, and D3 is a plus.
• Experience with UI design, aesthetics design, and/or Adobe Illustrator would be additionally helpful but not necessary.
• BA/BS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.