Associate Director, Digital Strategy Business Development
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a bright and creative Associate Director, Digital Strategy Business Development to join our Digital Strategy Team. The Associate Manager will be joining a team of high-performers that is working to promote the digital evolution of UMG through innovation, engagement and analysis. This person will be expected to challenge the status quo, re-imagine business processes wearing a digital lens and recommend digital opportunities for implementation. They will also be expected to drive open and transparent communication within the group and externally across UMG and its record labels. The ideal candidate must have a passion for music and an entrepreneurial spirit; they must be process- and detail-oriented and intellectually curious; and they must thrive in a high-demand, performance-driven environment.
• Gather and synthesize information on incoming new digital business opportunities via partner materials, research and external meetings
• Build business cases leveraging internal data, secondary research and advanced quantitative and qualitative modelling
• Manage relationships with multiple partners across the investment and entrepreneurial communities
• Stay up-to-date with digital technology developments including mobile messaging, AR/VR and blockchain
• Source compelling new digital business opportunities
• Create and present research and analysis such that it is easily digestible and ultimately transformed into a strategic narrative for both internal and external review
• Provide day-to-day support on digital strategy
• In-depth understanding of the music business and digital media landscape
• Inherent desire to stay current on developments in digital technology
• Understanding of the start-up finance eco-system
• Ability to synthesize and communicate complex information from disparate sources into a clear and compelling story that helps key internal decision makers commit to action
• Advanced presentation and Office skills with an eye to aesthetics and design to facilitate communication
• Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical and business problems
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to partner and collaborate with a diverse range of interests and perspectives
• Team player with a sense of humor.
• 3 years of experience in music-related business development, major label artist management, major publisher writer relations or digital music service business role
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• MBA or JD a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.