Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado has representatives in 40 countries, providing services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products and marketing plans carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include over a hundred music brands such as Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Run DMC, Prince, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga and Guns N’ Roses. Bravado’s roster also includes an expanding list of non-music brands such as Harley Davidson, Paddington Bear and the Big3.
• Analyze, negotiate and draft merchandise agreements, license agreements, NDAs, releases, social media campaigns (including contests, sweepstakes and giveaways).
• Analyze contracts in response to business questions, and provide contractual and research information to business executives and senior attorney to assist with business decisions.
• Law degree (J.D.) required
• Must be an active member of California or New York bar
• Minimum of 5 years prior transactional legal experience required,
• Preferred experience at a record company, merchandise company or entertainment law firm.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to perform moderate to advanced-level reasoning tasks and make common sense decisions
• Familiarity with Word and Excel
• Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional, articulate, personable and helpful manner
• Must be very organized and able to manage and effectively prioritize multiple projects
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.