Application Support Engineer
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Application Support Engineer (J2EE Developer)
Corporate IT Operations is responsible for Application Support, Application configuration, change management and Quality Assurance. This is a fast paced and ever changing environment. We provide services, manage and support local and global applications by partnering with multiple project teams and vendors across various platforms and technologies. We interface directly with the clients and project teams to facilitate business efficiencies and/or cost savings which allow UMG to invest in new revenue strategies. Our client community includes retailers, publicity partners, marketing departments, ecommerce, online distribution retailers, various music labels within our company as well as internal IT, UMG, UMGI, UMPG, Security office users.
The Application Support Engineer is an experienced candidate with affluent knowledge in both current and emerging systems and technologies. The engineer possesses outstanding analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills. They must be confident to interface with various levels of management, work independently as well as with a team.
• Perform detailed, in depth, forensic analysis towards finding work arounds
• Permanently restore functionality by means inclusive of reverse engineering, reviewing stored procedures and/or through code fixes
• Creating complex SQL queries and scripts to create adhoc reports and SSRS where appropriate
• Utilize judgment and diplomacy while liaising with engineering development peers or other resolving groups to make the right decisions quickly while under pressure
• Participating in project hand offs and application support onboarding
• Become subject matter experts with the applications infrastructure and design and provide counsel to executive management or the business as needed
• Available to support global applications and contribute to the on-call assignments
• Collaborate with other developers or service engineers to optimize and propose solutions to prevent recurring incidents, create optimizations or develop innovations
• Mentor, provide oversight and assist the support team in building and enhancing support skills and capabilities
• Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Minimum 2 years IT maintenance and support development experience
• Preferred 1 years in “dev ops” capacity
• Minimum 2 years’ recent experience with maintaining custom developed applications Music industry experience preferred, but not required
• Experience working with offshore resources helpful but not required
• Experience with Cloud and Mobile technologies preferred but not required
• Database: Oracle SQL
• Eclipse / Maven / JBOSS / Apache / Git / Github
• Oracle Weblogic or Hazelcast experience a plus
• B.S. in Computer Science, business or related field
• Equivalent Experience may be substituted for degree.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.