Administrator, Label Group Capitol Christian Music Group
Universal Music GroupFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual to provide support to Senior Executives and Manager, Artist Services. The ideal candidate is highly detailed, pro-active, has a knack for problem solving, proven people skills, and a “can do” attitude. Key job functions will include administrative and operational support in the areas of scheduling, travel, and expense reporting. Additionally we expect this position to go beyond executive support and will help with company events, high-level presentations, and special projects as assigned. Professional demeanor, diplomacy, and the ability to work well under pressure are musts.
• Book and coordinate travel for Chief Marketing Officer, CCMG and EVP A&R, Motown Gospel
• Manage calendar and coordinate group meetings for Chief Marketing Officer and EVP A&R
• Regular meeting prep and coordination including meeting of guests, food ordering, setting up meeting rooms and presentations, document prep and organization as directed
• Interface with artists, producers, managers, writers, and company staff across all labels, publishing, product management, corporate services, and finance teams
• Assist in creation of on-screen and print presentations as directed, including coordination with post-production engineer for music, Content team for video and visual assets, and marketing/A&R teams for content
• Prepare expense reports and reconcile Travel & Entertainment charges regularly
• Maintain a technical and working knowledge of the CCMG Label Group release schedule and systems, working with artist services/production manager to meet and exceed project deadlines
• Assist in research, set up, and execution of special events for label group and CCMG as requested
• Be available and proactive in assisting artists’ needs
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Coordinate ticket buys and meet & greets for label group
• Assist Manager, Artist Services on projects as requested
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required
• Ability to adapt in an environment where change is constant
• Experience working as part of a team in a business environment
• Skilled in multi-tasking and prioritizing effectively within a fast paced environment
• Capable of carrying out tasks with limited supervision
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and employees of the company at all levels
• Ability to keep information highly confidential
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Needs to be solution-oriented and proactive, demonstrating good judgment in decision-making situations when all facts are not known
• Possess strong attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in administrative role or comparable experience
• Bachelors’ Degree or Equivalent
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.