Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Account Executive maximizes music licensing revenue development for the company in the North American Marketplace through business to business sales by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Discover, qualify and close new account sales.
• Maximize the growth in revenue derived from the existing clientele within the assigned book of business.
• Exceed Monthly, Quarterly and Annual sales goals.
• Ensure profit maximization by selling the appropriate product mix into the market.
• Utilize strategic selling skills on a daily basis to properly ascertain prospect/client needs in relationship to the company’s product offerings.
• Develop comprehensive proposals suitable to the needs of each client utilizing standard Killer Tracks’ pricing guidelines and strategies.
• Leverage department resources to support new and existing clientele, including Music Search, Music Production, Tech Support, Billing, Marketing, and Sales Support.
• Become skilled in the use of the Killer Tracks Website and hard drives so as to assist clients in their use.
• Call and follow-up immediately on leads that are generated through the Killer Tracks’ Website, Trade Shows, etc. as required by management.
• Maintain reports outlining the, successes, challenges, opportunities, threats, competitive information and ideas for service and/or product enhancements.
• Utilize company’s CRM system to document all prospecting and client management activities.
• Attend and actively participate in weekly sales meetings and off-site sales meetings.
• Travel to industry trade shows, industry events and client meetings throughout North America. A limited amount of this travel will occur over weekends and during evenings.
• Attend and participate in industry/trade events where participation and networking can work to further assist in growing sales for the Company.
• Oversee the work output of his/her assigned Sales Associate to ensure the enhancement of the client relationships and experience.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
• Excellent computer skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet applications and Windows-based contact management software, similar to the company’s CRM software.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior work ethic and a dynamic, positive attitude.
• Strong customer-focused aptitude with a polite and courteous manner.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Work well independently, as well as, being a team player.
• Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible and adaptive to change.
• Minimum of 4 to 6 years of successful sales experience with a track record of consistently exceeding sales goals/quotas.
• Bachelors’ Degree or Equivalent
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.