Universal Music GroupKuala Lumpur, KL
Full Time Job
The chance to join the A&R department of world’s leading music company does not come up very often! Universal Music Malaysia are currently looking for an A&R Executive to support the key areas of talent scouting, artist development, recording and production. The successful candidate will help to grow our domestic artist roster and drive opportunities for artists both locally and overseas.
• Identify new talents via traditional methods as well as online search for trending artists.
• Coordinate the recording process with involved parties, such as music arrangers, studios, session players, vocal directors, mixing and mastering engineers, etc.
• Liaise with Songwriters, Publishers and recording studios.
• Coordinate with graphic designers and music video directors for the creation of music visuals formats and artworks.
• Administer the filling system for A&R related materials.
• Manage Artists’ production schedules.
• Assist with artist relations activities including bookings and scheduling. Coordinate tours and other engagements.
• Seek out and coordinate endorsement and sponsorship opportunities.
• Assist broader domestic operations including input to sales, marketing and promotion.
• 2 years of relevant experience, ideally within a local record label, recording studio or as freelance artist management. Experience in events also desirable.
• Highly passionate about music with a strong understanding of the music marketplace in Malaysia.
• In touch with current trends and digital media.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Highly organised with good project management skills.
• Computer proficiency, skills in Photoshop and/or video editing favourable.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.