Universal Music GroupManila, MM
Full Time Job
The chance to join the A&R department of world’s leading music company does not come up very often! MCA Music Inc., part of Universal Music Group, are currently looking for an A&R Executive to join the support the key areas of talent scouting, recording and production. The successful candidate will help to grow our domestic artist roster and drive opportunities for artists both locally and overseas.
• Identify new talents via traditional methods as well as online search for trending artists.
• Coordinate the recording process with involved parties, such as music arrangers, studios, session players, vocal directors, mixing and mastering engineers, etc.
• Liaise with Songwriters, Publishers and recording studios.
• Coordinate with graphic designers and music video directors for the creation of music visuals formats and artworks.
• Administer the filling system for A&R related materials.
• Manage Artists’ production schedules.
• Assist with marketing and promotion activities where required.
• New graduate (with Internship) or experienced candidate both considered. Attitude and music passion are most important!
• Ideally you will have knowledge of how an A&R department operates, perhaps you have worked in a recording studio or as an artist manager.
• Good understanding of the music marketplace in Philippines.
• In touch with current trends and digital media.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Highly organised with strong project management skills.
• Computer proficiency and ideally familiar with recording/editing software.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.