Admin Assistant/Coordinator, Entertainment
USO of Metropolitan New York, Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
The Admin Assistant/Coordinator, Entertainment position is responsible for supporting daily operations, programs and events within the Entertainment Department with a primary focus on the USO Show Troupe Program. Candidate must be an enthusiastic self-starter, highly-organized, ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines, and comfortable working in a diverse and dynamic environment. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Entertainment and will work closely with the Director, Entertainment, the USO Show Troupe cast and our client base.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Support all production and administrative aspects of the USO Show Troupe program.
• Respond expediently and effectively to client inquiries.
• Prepare necessary logistics for USO Show Troupe performances and tours.
• Prepare and distribute itineraries.
• Post-event information gathering and compilation.
• Gather expense documentation and prepare expense reports and client invoices.
• Database management.
• Organize and maintain files including music library and performer submissions.
• Manage Entertainment department asset inventory including but not limited to costume, sound equipment and gig bag contents.
• Prepare logistics for new performer auditions.
• Support production efforts for USO of Metropolitan New York special events.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Computer proficiency of Microsoft Office programs primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Exercises discretion and judgement.
• This is a full-time position located in New York, NY.
• Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
• Résumé and cover letter are required for full consideration.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
For over 75 years, the USO has been the nation's leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today's USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even unstaffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online