Twin Cities Public TelevisionWestfield, NJ
Full Time Job
Twin Cities PBS, a leading public media organization, is seeking a FT Script Coordinator for an animated children's series. This position is based in New Jersey (working remotely) with ability to travel to NYC for meetings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Coordinate the writing schedule, review process, and delivery of animation scripts from initial concept through final locked script. This work will be done in coordination with the EP, Head Writer, and key personnel at determined production partners.
• Prepares script for the production team and handles any clearance issues, partnering with legal to ensure there aren't any issues.
• Coordinate and track script versions with utmost attention to detail to ensure that all team members are working from the latest draft, reconciling the changes between versions, fixing the typos and any formatting errors.
• Ensure delivery of locked final segment scripts to production partners on schedule.
• Under the direction of the Executive Producer(s) and the Producer, assist with the developments and production of interstitial elements.
• Working with the Post-Production Supervisor, coordinate the delivery of production elements to support the off-line/on-line assets and QA of files before delivery to edit as source material. As well as providing script/episode synopses and other related information/metadata for supporting databases.
• Work with writers team at scheduled meetings to provide needed support throughout the process.
• May need to do some research on topics relevant to upcoming scripts.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Must be a New Jersey resident with access to technology that allows for remote work with key partners in Minnesota, New York and Canada
• Ability to travel to New York City for meetings on a consistent basis is required
• Working knowledge of Final Draft preferred
• Highly motivated
• Detail oriented
• Outstanding communication and organization skills
• Strong computer skills in Word, Outlook and web-based research
• Ability to multi-task and work well under time pressure is essential
• Requires fast and accurate reading and retention skills
• Passion for public media and children's programming
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to form strong, positive working relationships with production members - and ability to be responsive to remote co-workers and other partners
• Some nights and weekends may be required to meet deadlines
• Scripted production experience is preferred
• BA in writing or other relevant position is preferred
• Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel
If you have the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, please apply at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/