Summer Paid Intern - Brand Experience
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
• Turner Brand Experience is responsible for the company's visual identity.
• The department consists of photographers, photo retouchers, designers, animators, and creative types working on internal and external corporate messaging and visuals for ALL of Turner's brands including Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, TCM, Boomerang, Turner Sports, etc.
What will you be doing?
• Work with design team to create custom graphics, as well as, follow established style guides to create visual stories relevant to each presentation, environmental application, website, digital display, flyer, etc.
• Gather and prepare materials needed for the design process (images, photos, logos, fonts, content). May include cropping/resizing images, resizing/reformatting video, and removing backgrounds from images.- Visually assess artistic and informational elements and make sure the client's message is clearly communicated through the design.
• Work closely with the art director, senior designer and project managers/producers who are ''heading-up'' the overall project to ensure graphics and ''look'' of presentation are on-target with the client's message and content.
• Organize existing materials (logos, photos, video assets, graphic elements) relevant to each division.
• Convert, scale, and recreate logos, photos, and videos as needed.
• Administrative duties as needed
What do we need from you?
• Attention to detail
• Intermediate level of competency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign
• Working knowledge of web design
• Ability to distill and create a concise visual message from an email or conversation
• Must be able to take and implement art direction and feedback from project team
• Ability to multitask, work independently & meet deadlines
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Summer 2018 program
• June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.