Summer Intern - Ad Sales Public Relations
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
The intern will work closely with the VP of Turner Ad Sales/Data/Research, Manager, Senior Publicist and PR Assistant.
What will you be doing?
• Online monitoring and reporting on relevant media and brand news, including on social media.
• Assisting with compiling daily press clippings for a company-wide report and assembling press packets.
• Writing and editing press materials such as releases, media alerts, bios, etc.
• Researching and creating strategic media lists for projects and ensuring all contacts are up to date using databases such as Cision.
• Researching relevant conference and events for executive speaking and brand opportunities -Maintaining team office documents
What do we require from you?
• Designed for undergraduate students currently pursuing a degree in public relations/communications, marketing, advertising, or a related field.
• We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and motivated individual who will work with all team members to accomplish collective and individual goals.
• Must have strong communication and written skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications and media databases.
• Must be quick thinking and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Should be familiar with public relations tools and practices.
• Eager and quick to learn about all aspects of our department and business.
• Professional in all scenarios you may be placed in, including with talent.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.