Ticket Agent, Box Office & Call Centre
Toronto International Film FestivalToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 29, 2017
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of: Ticket Agent, Box Office & Call Centre
• Providing excellent customer service in person, through inbound and outbound calling
• Handling large volume of sales on a regular basis
• Processing cash, debit and credit card transactions and balancing deposits
• Operating computerized ticketing systems and ensuring all account data is captured accurately
• Providing information about all products and services available at TIFF Bell Lightbox
• Adhering to all ticketing policies and procedures
• Filling, sorting and organizing materials
• Performing some light lifting and other duties, as required
• Customer service experience required.
• Familiarity with Ticketing Systems is an asset. Knowledge of Archtics is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
• Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
• Previous experience in a Call Centre environment
• Enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated, open to working in a team environment
• Ability to work calmly under pressure while balancing multiple priorities
• High level of computer literacy. Comfortable operating multiple computer based systems simultaneously
• Previous cash handling experience is required. Experience handling sales of all types (credit, debit, gift cards)
• Able to adapt to a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• January 29, 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on December 29, 2017
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world's premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.