Summer Camp Coordinator
Toronto International Film FestivalToronto, ON
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2018 2:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Summer Camp Coordinator jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Summer Camp Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Camp Coordinator? Submission Deadline: Friday January 12, 2018
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of: Summer Camp Coordinator
TIFF's Summer Camps offer hands-on Film Camps aimed to provide children the opportunity to explore the art of filmmaking in a fun, educational, safe and inclusive environment. Campers will be encouraged to create innovative stories and immersive experiences that empower and educate. Camp focuses on working together as a collective, teaching frameworks and developing the skills to produce their own films and recognizing their own voice. Film has tremendous power to create change and inspire ideas that start with an action. Please join us this summer at the TIFF Bell Lightbox for a wide range of day camps, designed for ages 8 – 17 led by film industry professionals.
TIFF Summer Camps are supported by the Slaight Family Foundation.
Reporting to the Coordinator, School & Family Programmes, the Summer Camp Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day summer camp programme activities, providing leadership to counsellors, and promoting a fun and safe environment. The Summer Camp Coordinator liaises regularly with the Coordinator, School & Family Programmes to ensure the successful implementation of programmes while maintaining organization and efficiency in the administrative responsibilities related to the daily operations of the Summer Camp.
This position requires a motivated individual with a passion for youth learning and film programming. This candidate would also need to excel at multitasking in a fast paced environment and have a calm and positive demeanor.
• Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• Liaise regularly with Coordinator, School and Family Programmes, as well as counsellors and facilitators, to ensure that the needs of the camp are met and programmes run effectively.
• Assist Coordinator, School and Family Programmes in planning and implementation of training for Counsellors
• Organize the materials needed for day-to-day activities and curriculum
• Provide administrative/technical support and maintain a comprehensive inventory of camp equipment and the digital files created by campers
• Participate enthusiastically in camp activities, including daily programmes, field trips, workshops & special events and special film projects
• Acts as a positive role model and maintains a safe and inclusive environment for children, youth & fellow staff
• Responsible for the supervision and safety of campers. Knows, understands and executes all camp policies and emergency procedures associated with the camp.
• Purchase supplies and/or handle petty cash
• Assists with a drop-off and pick-up system, monitoring and providing a safe environment for all children and their parents in the programme.
• Write a detailed postmortem
• Other duties as required
• Previous experience working in a camp setting and/or with children
• Leadership experience with strong programming and organizational skills
• Experience with film and creative arts
• Experience with film production equipment and software (Final Cut, iMovie, Mac)
• First-aid and CPR certified
• Energetic, enthusiastic and responsible
• June 18 to August 17, 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Friday, January 12, 2018
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.