Intern - Adult Learning
Toronto International Film FestivalToronto, ON
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Submission Deadline: Monday January 22, 2018
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
Intern, Adult Learning
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning; the Adult Learning Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting with research, outreach, and administrative duties. This role is ideal for candidates with a strong interest and experience working in arts administration, non-profit or education. The position presents an opportunity for a person interested in film, public programming and education to gain further knowledge about these fields and to put into practice skills that they have learned in these areas. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a junior level arts administrator and/or recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
• Assist with research related to Subscription Series, In Conversation With… events, as well as educational initiatives, including the Higher Learning Digital Resource Hub
• Provide support to Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning, in administrative duties for Subscription Series and In Conversation With… events, including tracking information on guests and selected films
• Provide support to Senior Coordinator, Adult Learning, with execution of educational outreach plans for events and programme initiatives, including creating and updating existing contact lists from film/media programmes and student clubs at colleges and universities in Ontario
• Attend weekly Adult Learning meetings
• General administrative duties for Adult Learning, as needed, including updating tracking sheets
• One year of experience in film, education, arts administration and/or public programming is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Exceptional eye for detail and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Previous research and writing experience
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work individually and as a team
• Minimum one year experience working in an office environment in an arts administrative role or educational programming role
• Effective computer skills and strong experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and databases.
• Tuesday February 20 - Friday May 14
How to Submit & Application Deadline
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Monday, January 22, 2018
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world's premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto's cultural history.