Thomas St. JohnLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Thomas St John Inc provides business management, tax and accounting services to a client base consisting of high net worth individuals, families and businesses, typically within the music, entertainment, and sport industries. The Company is comprised of 75+ high level accountants, lawyers and tax professionals based across three main offices in London, Amsterdam and Los Angeles.
We are seeking a hands-on Financial Accountant who will be responsible for managing a team, financial reporting and maintaining accounting processes. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a sense of ownership, great communication skills, and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
• Manages and reviews the books and records for a portfolio of key clients; including partnerships, LLCs, corporations, and sole proprietorships;
• Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts and financial statements, in accordance with US GAAP, and analytic reports for clients;
• Performs the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting for client;
• Monitors and reports financial performance with regard to bank covenants;
• Prepare financial modeling; experience in modeling a plus
• Designs, implement and maintain strong internal controls, processes and procedures;
• Responsible for managing deadlines and providing timely information to the tax and commercial departments;
• Assist in setting and monitoring budgets on client engagements;
• Actively manage, develop and train staff members.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• 7+ years of professional Accounting experience
• 3+ years' experience in managing a team
• 2+ years' experience in audit
• Must be a licensed CPA
• Possess a detailed knowledge of US GAAP and experience of tax compliance
• Must possess experience with working papers management and review and the preparation and review of year end working paper files
• Ideally have knowledge of working paper software such as CCH Engagement or Caseware
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Familiar with QuickBooks Enterprise and/or QuickBooks Online
• A proactive approach to tasks; the ability to work instinctively on projects and plan ahead for the needs of the client
• Organizational skills; scheduling and keeping deadlines not only personally but also for the department and client base
• Significant experience of managing a portfolio of SME clients for owner managed businesses
• Commercial awareness and the desire to understand the businesses within the client portfolio.
Additional Preferred Qualities
• Experience with CCH Axcess
• Master's Degree in Accounting, or equivalent
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online