Thomas St. JohnLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Thomas St John Inc offers financial services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses within the music, entertainment, and sport industries. The Company is based across three main offices in London, the Netherlands and Los Angeles with three core departments; Business Management, Accountancy, and Tax.
We are currently looking to appoint a new Accounting Associate to join the Los Angeles Accounting department. The Accounting Associate is responsible for assisting the production team with day-to-day bookkeeping duties for a number of assigned clients, including on-going support to new team members.
• Enter all company transactions in QuickBooks Online software
• Reconcile expenses, petty cash, bank accounts and credit card statements
• Initiate and arrange payments
• Complete periodic payroll runs/filing for applicable clients
• Complete period end closing including the preparation of supporting schedules, reconciliations and analysis as required
• Assist in the preparation of timely information and liaise with other departments to ensure tax deadlines are met
• Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly client reporting
• Mentor, manage and train Junior members of the team
• 1-3 years of professional experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• A basic knowledge of US GAAP
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Organization, communication and prioritization skills
• A proactive approach to tasks; the ability to meet deadlines on projects and plan ahead for the needs of the client
• Commercial awareness and desire to understand the clients' businesses
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook proficient
• Experience with Quickbooks Online
• Committed to further study towards a CPA qualification
• Entertainment/Music experience or interest
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online