Thomas St. JohnLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Thomas St John Group provides global accounting, tax and business management services to high profile clients in music, entertainment and sport, as well as to international executives and other individuals. The business is based in three offices: Los Angeles, London and Amsterdam. Our mission is to provide radically improved value to our clients in everything we do, giving our clients real clarity and control over their finances, and a coordinated service that enables clients to optimize their income and assets globally. We seek to deliver innovative services, better reporting and increased insight, with client-centric communication and ever more efficient and effective working practices.
Purpose of the role
The Account Executive performs an important and high profile role in our Commercial team, supporting our Business Managers and directly managing client interactions and deliverables. The Account Executive will be responsible for information and document flow to and from clients (and their other advisers), taking ownership of key tasks and working closely with stakeholders across the TSJ Group and externally (including lawyers, bankers, managers and agents) to ensure responsive, timely and high quality service delivery across all TSJ propositions. The Account Executive will build relationships with a portfolio of our clients and over time will take increasing ownership of those relationships, working closely with the relevant Business Manager and gaining expert knowledge of both our clients and the propositions they need. The Account Executive will work with Production teams across the TSJ Group to ensure they have the right information to produce timely outputs to the highest quality standards, leveraging our global workflow platform.
• Manage client and internal TSJ interactions to ensure the TSJ team has the information, data and documentation required to deliver high quality services to those clients
• Communicate directly with clients and their other advisers and stakeholders to capture needs and ensure communication preferences are understood and acted on
• Drive timely and effective delivery of client outputs by TSJ Production teams
• Take ownership of prompt project set-up including the collation of client documents - bank statements, invoices, credit card statements and chasing stakeholders where necessary
• Maintain ongoing communication between the Commercial team and the Production teams to identify issues and ensure prompt resolutions
• Identify and escalate to BM any Production concerns about project scope / incorrect assumptions;
• For each client, review agreed services (i.e. tax returns, year end accounts, quarterly reporting etc.) and plan / manage client-specific calendar
• Deliver Business Management projects (i.e. bank account opening, SSN support, family office services) as & when appropriate, ensuring efficient and effective completion, clear communication and delivery to the highest quality standards
• Manage retainer billing & WIP clearance
• Identify opportunities to improve TSJ productivity and client centricity
• Identify opportunities to add increased client value through new services or service elements
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree, ideally with a business emphasis (finance, economics, accounting, mathematics/statistics)
• 2-3 years of Accounting experience required
• Working towards professional tax or accounting qualification (i.e. CPA, EA)
• Previous experience in client management, ideally within professional or financial services
• Preferably, previous accounting or tax experience, ideally in entertainment or related sectors
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience working with internal workflow systems and associated processes
• Present a positive, professional image of the company to all clients
• Attention to detail and accuracy - strives to produce work of a high standard
• Accepts responsibility and takes ownership of their work
• Works well under pressure, focused and results driven
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online