Touring Retail Manager
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
DISNEY THEATRICAL GROUP (DTG) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world's most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway musicals around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice's Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, and Newsies. Aladdin is its most recent Tony Award-winning Broadway hit. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney's High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country's leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Disney Theatrical Group also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Disney Live! For over 30 years, Disney on Ice and Disney Live! have brought beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide, through productions such as Marvel Universe Live! and Frozen, the most well attended and highest grossing Disney on Ice production to date. In addition, DTG licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tour - Retail Manager for the Lion King Tour in New York, NY.
Accountable for all aspects of the business including, but not limited to:
• Overall Management of the day-to-day operation and sales generation of souvenir merchandise for the Lion King Tour traveling domestically across the U.S. Merchandise sales take place during walk-in, intermission and walk-out at the 8 performances each week.
• Manage the Load-In and Load-Out of entire merchandise operations (kiosks, inventory, POS stations and office equipment). Load-In is typically a 2 Day process including setting up kiosks & POS equipment, visual merchandising displays, filling in stock, setting up office and reorganizing 52' merchandise trailer truck to act as a storage space for the engagement.Load Out prep will start 3 Days in advance of leaving a market by prepping goods on truck for travel, packing up office equipment and removing displays so that kiosks can be properly wrapped for travel.
• Manage the advancement of the merchandise sales operation with upcoming theatre personnel to properly prepare for in market logistics. Each engagement averages 3 weeks.
• Communicate effectively with local Theatre Management & traveling Disney Production Crew to facilitate daily operations; both whilst at theatre and planning ahead to future venues
• Maintain accurate records including sales, stock, payroll and all relevant paperwork. Maintaining an accurate POS system and accounting records.
• Identify Risk and provide effective & timely solutions.
• Maximise Profit and Minimize Operating Loss through effective management of stock, cash and assets
• Conduct and provide routine Sales Analysis; providing effective feedback, new ideas and strategies to help achieve goals to the Director of Merchandise and the Corporate Team so that year on year sales and profit growth is achieved.
• Follow set policies & procedures, guidelines and best practice when dealing with stock, cash, equipment and communication; providing consistency and upholding Disney Standards
• Manage Temp Agency relationship and recruitment process for temp sales staff in each market. Conduct training and coaching of staff in each market. Lead by example with Disney Sales Techniques and Guest Service Standards.
• Manage & Develop the Tour Retail Assistant Managers to ensure consistency in sales and operations; ensuring capability & conduct are managed to Disney standards and both roles are a unified management team to all internal and external parties.
• Other areas of responsibility include:
• Sales & Guest Service
• Visual Merchandising & Product Assessment
• Tour Operations
• Minimum 5 years in a Retail Management and/or Retail Operations Role Overseeing Sales Team
• Experience Working Remotely from Direct Supervision to Achieve Company Standards and Excel in Sales
• Experience in Operations, Cash Handling and Inventory Management
• Experience of Training, Managing & Motivating staff to Achieve Sales Goals
• Experience of Managing POS and Reporting System, Maintaining Accurate Records and Minimizing Loss
• Experience of Liaising with Internal & External Partners to Achieve Goals
• Experience in Visual Merchandising
• Experience in Tour and/or Theatre/Event Environment is preferable but not mandatory
• 100% Domestic Travel Required.
• Flexible in working hours and conditions in tour markets. Work with tight timelines and urgency.
• Must lift minimum of 40lbs on a consistent and daily basis
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Effective Logistical Planner
• Proven success in sales and profit analysis, sales planning and cost management
• Expert in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Pro-active problem solver
• Ability to drive sales through own actions and staff management
• Adaptable to change and achieve standards through obstacles
• Self-motivated with the ability to work remotely & obtain what is needed from Line Manager
• Ability to promote brand standards and goals to external partners
This position is with BV Theatrical Group Ltd., an equal opportunity employer